Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Raspberry Pi Freezing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive had my XBMC Raspberry Pi for a while now but after a recent update it has started freezing after i watch a video....
It has been fine up till now, i just want to stop it freezing! is there a history or Cache that i need to clear?

Please help! its driving me nuts!
Happened to me earlier and it was the power adapter that was spitting out low current for some reason. Threw in a 1.5Amp adapter and problems vanished.
Did this happen to you after the update?
like a travel adaptor? where can i get one of those?
As first step, temporarily rename ".xbmc" folder (via ssh) and reboot - so that you start with a clean configuration and NO addons. Then play a movie. If issue is gone, probably one of your addons is misbehaving. If issue persists, try to temporarily power it via the TV or your notebook. If the issue is gone then, it's your power supply and you should get a better one. Others reported that a bad/cheap cable didn't forward enough power to their PI, so you could also try using a different cable. If the issue still persists with different power supply and different cable, then it's something else.
My flatmate that was using the Pi and told me about this prblem and it being slow in general said he had 2 laptops, two tablets and 3 phones connected to the internet aswell as the Pi... i think this probably had something to do with the slow/freeze ing of the Pi.... however if this is not the case i shall try the options above and posibly get a new power cable! thankyou!!
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=257206 here is my log report... can someone please help!!
(2014-07-30, 21:25)Christian Ro-Jo Wrote: [ -> ]http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=257206 here is my log report... can someone please help!!

You won't get any support for this now:
Code:
20:10:30 T:3047055360  NOTICE: Starting XBMC (12.2 Git:d1002b4), Platform: Linux (OpenELEC (official) - Version: 3.2.4, 3.10.20 armv6l). Built on Nov 26 2013

Update to Openelec 4.0.7 (ideally a clean install) and report back if there are still issues.
How do i do this? (sorry kind of a newbie)
(2014-07-30, 21:35)Christian Ro-Jo Wrote: [ -> ]How do i do this? (sorry kind of a newbie)

Download from here: http://openelec.tv/get-openelec/download...-pi-builds

The first file on the page is an "upgrade" tar file. Since you're on 3.x, you'll need to extract the 4 files from target folder inside this tar file (use 7-zip to read the tar file on Windows) and copy the 4 files to the Update folder on your Pi (access it using Windows File Explorer and the IP address of your Pi). Then reboot to complete the upgrade process.

Since the change from 3.x to 4.x is a major change, you may better starting afresh, in which case delete the .xbmc folder from your Pi after upgrading and reboot again for .xbmc to be recreated (you'll need to re-scrape your media and re-install any addons etc.)

Alternatively, download the second file from the above web page, and create a new SD card image as you (probably) did with 3.x - this will give you a fresh install.

Once you're on 4.x the manual upgrade process is much easier - just copy the entire tar file to the Update folder and reboot, no need to extract anything.
okay ive dowloaded the update file, and used 7 zip to open it, how exactly do i get to the update folder of my Pi?
do i need to connect the raspberry pi to my laptop?
(2014-07-30, 23:37)Christian Ro-Jo Wrote: [ -> ]okay ive dowloaded the update file, and used 7 zip to open it, how exactly do i get to the update folder of my Pi?
do i need to connect the raspberry pi to my laptop?

Just connect the Pi to your network, then in Windows use File Explorer on your laptop, type "\\ipaddress" eg. "\\192.168.0.8" in the address field, then navigate to the Update folder. If you don't know the IP address of your Pi, go to the System Information -> Network screen in XBMC.
okay thanks,ive done that and restarted the Pi! the problem is still happening though, whenever i try to watch a video its not finding it, its not finding versions for me to watch like it used to...
I think you should scrap your current .xbmc folder and start again, something is most likely corrupt.

Try renaming .xbmc to .xbmc.bak (connect with ssh, then "mv .xbmc xbmc.bak") and rebooting, then re-scan your movies and see if the problem continues.
the main issue is that it isnt working for a streming add on that i have?... any ideas?
i will try and reinstall my XBMC and let you know how that goes
Pages: 1 2