Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Enabling Live TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am using Minix Geo 7 4.2.2. and am totally new to Android's and XMBC. I worked out that at least one pvr.client needs to be enabled to get live TV. But which ? Will any one do ? I have tried most of them and immediately get an error message saying connection lost. Is there something else that I need to do ?
Thanks. I had already visited this site and it did not make much sense to me the first time round. However I have now enabled two clients from the 'Other' list as I assume this is correct for Android Connected TV but immediately I am told the connection is lost or there is no connection with the server. I have also just seen an XMBC which is working very well with a functioning list of UK TV chains where there appears to be no enabled PVR.client ! I am baffled but no doubt there is something I am missing
Live TV/PVR is for when you are actually getting a TV signal. You can set XBMC up with tuner hardware and PVR software to see the live TV in XBMC.

-> IT IS NOT FOR GETTING FREE TV FROM OVER THE INTERNET <-
OK - I have misunderstand function of pvrs and perhaps confused them with other add ons/plug ins.. But I have got as far as downloading xfinity as a new source as I am looking for the NotFilmon add on. Unfortunately at the next stage when I try to extract from the zip file it appears to be empty. Any ideas ? I can also find no way of deleting the empty source files (of they are indeed empty)
Yeah, read the forum rules (wiki) and don't ask here for support for piracy addons.
[quote='Ned Scott' pid='1761737' dateline='1406664101']
Live TV/PVR is for when you are actually getting a TV signal. You can set XBMC up with tuner hardware and PVR software to see the live TV in XBMC.

I understand. I have tuner hardware (HD Homerun Prime). I have tried all the PVR software applications that are included with the Android version of XBMC and I can not get any of them to "work." That is I get a "PVR disconnected" of "PVR not started" message when I try to view live TV. I set up and can view live TV using VIDEO>Files>HDHomeRunPrime>Channels so I know the hardware can connect to XBMC. Is there a trick I don't know about?
I am using an hd homerun prime myself.

cable -> hdhomerun prime -> COMPUTER running PVR server software on windows/Linux/MacOS -> xbmc using a PVR client

In my case I'm running Linux and mythtv, and using an Amazon FireTV for the XBMC as the PVR client. I am waiting for the nightly builds to include an updated mythtv PVR client as in Gotham there are a few hiccups. As I use MythTV, I needed to pay for a schedule service, so I am using "Schedules Direct".

Choose a platform (windows/Linux/Mac OS) that you are happy with, pick compatible PVR software, and install, configure, and enjoy.

Take care.
"Choose a platform (windows/Linux/Mac OS) that you are happy with, pick compatible PVR software, and install, configure, and enjoy."

Good advice from HappyMan.

I don't have HD Homerun myself as in UK BUT NextPVR is VERY supportive of this device from what I read on the NextPVR forums.

However NextPVR ONLY runs on Windows.

I would say WHATEVER backend software you use for your PVR there will be a sharp learning curve as that becomes a standalone machine capable of serving your PVR needs, to Kodi. And then there is the figuring out of how supported that software is currently within Kodi. Though from what I have read pretty much all of any current PVR sofware is supported by, and under development.

Hope that makes some sense?
If you browse to the HDHomeRun Prime's UPnP source under Videos -> Files, then you can save the folder as a playlist using the context menu -> queue, then go to the lefthand sidebar -> current playlist, then sidebar again -> save playlist.

Then you can use this with the Simple IPTV PVR add-on.
(2014-10-30, 04:33)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If you browse to the HDHomeRun Prime's UPnP source under Videos -> Files, then you can save the folder as a playlist using the context menu -> queue, then go to the lefthand sidebar -> current playlist, then sidebar again -> save playlist.

Then you can use this with the Simple IPTV PVR add-on.

T h a n k Y o u N e d !

Your suggestion worked perfectly (except I had to open the context menu on "Channels" not "Files").

Now I have another perplexing issue with Live TV. When I select a channel to view an "External Player Active" dialog box opens showing "Click OK when playback has ended." In the lower right corner of the display window shows "00:00 / 00:01" that does not change and the channel number and name that I selected below that. It doesn't seem to me that an external player is active. Can you explain what is happening?

Thanks.
Is it supposed to be opening an external player and it's just not doing it, or have you not touched any such settings and it should just be playing normally within XBMC/Kodi?
(2014-10-31, 01:48)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Is it supposed to be opening an external player and it's just not doing it, or have you not touched any such settings and it should just be playing normally within XBMC/Kodi?

I had to edit playercorefactory.xml to get the Video section to correctly display the HD HomeRun video (using Wondershare player). Should I be using a different player? What settings are you referring to?

Thanks.
I'm not very familiar with using external players for PVR. It might not be completely supported.
Pages: 1 2