Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMCubuntu resolution problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'll start by saying that I'm a complete noob to ubuntu, and I installed this because my laptop won't run win7 properly and they dropped support for XP.

I just installed XBMCubuntu and im having problems with the screen. The resolution is totally off and i can't do anything with it. Here is a pic of it Image

Hope someone can help me with this Smile
We need a bit more info...a Debug Log on a pastebin-site would be the first thing and some hardware infos

(normally) you are able to change resolutions in your video settings

Greetings
How do i give you guys a debug log or get into video settings, if that is everything i see, i cant close it and get into ubuntu desktop mode.

Specs:
Intel Celeron 540 (1.86 GHz)
Media Accelerator X3100
1GB DDR2
120GB HDD

(2014-07-29, 16:18)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]We need a bit more info...a Debug Log on a pastebin-site would be the first thing and some hardware infos

(normally) you are able to change resolutions in your video settings

Greetings

I checked the programms tab for the debugger thing, but sadly i think it was out of frame, cant atm but ill check later to see what was the last thing i saw and then maybe someone could tell me how many times more i have to go down to get to the debugger.
If you press CTRL+ALT+F1 do you get a black box with a login prompt ?
yes
I bet there is no proper driver for that very old gfx card, so it runs vesa with 640x480
Hold this bet!

That's why I'm asking for hardware informations Wink

@Scrat:

enter your username and password at this login-prompt.

After this (as I don't know if pastebin is installed already in XBMCbuntu):

Code:
sudo apt-get install pastebinit
And follow the messages...you have to enter a "y" for installing.

This will install a little tool to push outputs to a website and you can provide the link to us, for we are exactly able to see what some commands will tell you

After pastebinit is installed do those (use copy and paste):

Code:
dmseg | pastebinit
Code:
cat $HOME/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
Code:
lspci | pastebinit

And provide the links please

Greetings
David
Typo in the above :
Code:
dmesg | pastebinit
Ok, ill do that tomorrow, but what username and password i use? The forum one?
it's pastebinit
Thanks for the hint....above is changed

@Scrat:

The username and password you have given at installation
The irony... Edited above post.
At the login prompt i was only able to type in the username after i hit enter the password line comes up and the "_" just sits there and flashed, nothing will appear when i type.

Also noticed that XBMC Log Uploader is auto installed under the programms tab, but i can't accsess the settings to turn on debugging.
(2014-07-30, 07:52)Scrat95 Wrote: [ -> ]At the login prompt i was only able to type in the username after i hit enter the password line comes up and the "_" just sits there and flashed, nothing will appear when i type.

Yeah, this is correct behaviour for the linux login. When prompted for the password, nothing will appear on screen when you type it in, and the cursor will not move - this is a security feature. Just type in the password and hit enter. Then follow david1977's instructions.
Managed to log in, but how do i get this "|" for the codes?

Nvm, got it Tongue

Here are the links
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7902253/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7902259/
http://paste.ubuntu.com/7902260/
Pages: 1 2