Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Latest Helix dev builds: WMC Client not working anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As in subject. 2014/06/27 build was working well, now all newer builds returns an error when I try to enable WMC Client plugin. In XBMC log there is a warning about API version level.
ServerWMC log
XBMC log
Any workaround? Suggestions?

Thanks for your attention,
Leonardo.
Scarecrow knows more about this than me so hopefully he will comment, but I'm not surprised that we need to do some code changes to support the newest helix - we just need some time to do it, so hang on. Thanks for letting us know.
Everything should be OK.

Your log is saying that pvr.wmc is using API version 1.9.0 rather than 1.9.1

XBMC bumped the API version to 1.9.1 when xhaggi did the PVR screen rewrite for helix, and correspondingly all PVR addons were bumped to 1.9.1 as well. I have verified that XBMC build scripts for windows and makefiles for other platforms were correctly updated to a recent enough commit on the pvr repo so that they should pull the change to API 1.9.1 across.

So either the XBMC build process is somehow including the wrong PVR addon code (or just the XML files) OR you have an old copy of pvr.wmc in your userdata section that is over-riding the one that comes with the nightly build?

I downloaded the nightly from July 27 and it seems fine to me. pvr.wmc is using API 1.9.1 and XBMC happily loads it etc. This is on windows platform by the way.

I think you have an old copy of the addon in your %appdata% area
Sorry to say that I deleted the whole pvr.wmc folder located in %appdata%\Roaming\XBMC\addons, but no avail... Same API level error.
Now I'm trying to reinstall latest nightly.
Only to let you know that my problem is now fully solved.
I always used the latest version of pvr.wmc (0.2.99, installed from ZIP file) because I thought that the most recent was the best.
But 0.2.99 is (maybe?) still using API 1.9.0.
Using the 0.2.97 version provided with the nightly XBMC setup file problem vanished.

Many thanks for your support,
Leonardo.
It should be 3.97 (3.x for helix 2.x for gotham)

3.99 is in the PVR repo but XBMC hasn't updated its PVR addon reference commit yet it seems
Are you referring to WMC Client Add-on version in latest Helix nightly?
It shows 0.2.97, not 0.3.97...
See screenshot:
Anyway, now all is OK.

Thanks,
Leonardo.