Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Suddenly lag on all video.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went to bed last night after watching an episode of Defiance, this morning when im turning it on, all video lags.. I cant find the reason, Nothing changed? ive just ran an restore and updated windows, still laggy.

Where do i start my research to fix the problem ?

Ive made a restore on my windows which solved the problem. Is there any updates that could have caused that overnight? an update that didnt require my approval ?
could be a windows update that's still running in th background
I would most definitely like to see an answer to this. I am suffering from the same problems. It just started this evening. I have no windows updates running. PLEASE HELP.

SadSadSadSadSadSad
I recently had the same issue and found that Nvidia's Geforce Experience was my culprit. Nvidia claims on the forums that with the latest update, it should have fixed a memory leak(?) that was causing anywhere from 30%-85% disk usage non stop. I stopped the Nvidia shadowplay and network service, instantly the lag was gone. I've attempted to reinstall Geforce Experience as that has fixed a LOT of users' problems, but it didn't fix my issue. If you use nvidia cards, check to see whether or not you have Geforce Experience.
i found out the reason was that i changed the Windows sound mix from stereo to 3.1.... switched it back to stereo and everything went back to normal Smile