Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Out of Ideas - Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi:

Hopefully someone can help me with this. I have installed XBMC Gotham 13.1 on a 32 bit Windows 7 PC and it will not start up. I have it installed on another Windows 7 PC and it works fine. But the issue I have is that it will not start up on this PC. When I click the icon, the mouse cursor turns to the spinning loading icon and stops... nothing else happens.

Thanks you:
have you had it running before and closed it because i would check task manager and see that it is not running in there if so end the task and then try again

you could also try running as an administrator and see if that helps
does it create a logfile ?
do you got some system specs ?
It does nothing... Just the spinner beside the mouse pointer, then spinner stops. Where would I access the log file if it won't start up?
The log file would be in the user data,
Do you got some system specs ?
None... I am re-formatting and starting from scratch. Will update again if this helps.
I was going to install XBMCBUNTU alone but it's not my computer and he needs windows for other applications.
well let us know how it's going.
It didn't go. Fresh windows 7 install, all updates... No XBMC Sad
What are the specs of this win 7 box ?
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.1 GHz
2.00 GB Ram
32 Bit OS
Windows 7 Home Premium
Standard Generic VGA Adapter

Very frustrating
get decent video card drivers or put a decent video card in it and you might have a chance.
it's a 10 year old or more machine
Thank you