Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buzzy sound on MPEG2/ISO playback chapter shift
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is an old error......

Buzzy sound when chapter change/shift, on playback of MPEG2/ISO videos.
It's not alltime, but offen 3-6 times, on one movie playback with 10-15 chapters.

I hear the Buzzy sound on:
Last Helix (on a RPi).
Gotham 13.2/openELEC 4.0.7 (on a RPi).
And also on a Windows 7 XBMC 14.0 GIT 20140721 !?!?!

Same problem with omxplayer and dvdplayer (RPi).

But if I playback the ISO via VLC (on a Win7), there is NO Buzzy sound, on chapter change.

Btw. I have a small ISO (1 min.) with 2 chapters, where the Buzzy sound is to hear.

Best regards.
(2014-07-30, 16:08)delinend Wrote: [ -> ]This is an old error......

Buzzy sound when chapter change/shift, on playback of MPEG2/ISO videos.
It's not alltime, but offen 3-6 times, on one movie playback with 10-15 chapters.

I hear the Buzzy sound on:
Last Helix (on a RPi).
Gotham 13.2/openELEC 4.0.7 (on a RPi).
And also on a Windows 7 XBMC 14.0 GIT 20140721 !?!?!

Same problem with omxplayer and dvdplayer (RPi).

But if I playback the ISO via VLC (on a Win7), there is NO Buzzy sound, on chapter change.

Btw. I have a small ISO (1 min.) with 2 chapters, where the Buzzy sound is to hear.

Best regards.

Here allso a XBMC log, where the chapter is shifting at 16:32:39
http://pastebin.com/bZNdyKEy

I have a small MPEG2/ISO file, you can download for testing.

I can see from old threads, that this error is over one year old, and many has reported the problem.

Best regards
Can you provide that iso via dropbox or so? (or something else - just put a download link here).
(2014-07-30, 17:07)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide that iso via dropbox or so? (or something else - just put a download link here).

Hi Memphiz.

Yes, here a link to my test file, that has 2 chaperts, and the sound is in the middle of the video: http://we.tl/6YZCsiVniN

At Time stamp 00:00:33 -> 00:00:34 there is a small Buzz (after "Yes, ma'm !")

Best regards
Any idea Memphiz ?

I can now confirme, that the Buzz sound allso is on the XBMC Android Arm 14 nightly-build, on my Samsung Tab3.

Best regards
I have a day job you know - i mostly asked so that other developers can have a look - its not really my area ...
I think not many people would donwload that file, because you have to accept some terms of condition and I presume, that noone wants to read them first Wink

A dropbox would be easier
(2014-07-31, 16:58)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]I think not many people would donwload that file, because you have to accept some terms of condition and I presume, that noone wants to read them first Wink

A dropbox would be easier

Hi David.

You can Skip that, and go directly to download. WeTransfer is more used here in Denmark, then Dropbox, as WeTransfer is mutch faster, and no limits on content type. Dropbox delete content, if they think they "see" illigal things. But if you want, I can put it on Dropbox, but I don't garanty, that it stays there very long ?
Sorry.. up.