Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 5.1 mapping issues for AAC, but not for AC3 or DTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

sorry if this was posted earlier, but i couldn't find it if it was.
Since the last frodo 13.1, i have a mapping issue with XBMC for AAC files only. If i am playing AC3 or DTS, there's no problem and the mapping is fine, i only have this issue with AAC. I am guessing it's a configuration issue with XBMC, as if i play the file on VLC, the mapping is fine.
I tried pretty much everything i have seen on various threads, but with no success, and am stuck with using VLC if i really want the 5.1, or switch the movie into stereo in XBMC.

I am on a mac mini from 2011, running maverick, with an HDMI connection to a Samsung AV receiver. Does anyone have a solution ?
thanks in advance.
Are you using passthrough in XBMC or did you configure speaker layout to 5.1 instead (which would use muiltichannel PCM then)?
Thanks for the reply.
i tried both if i recall correctly, but i will try again this evening and confirm it to you.
debug log (wiki) for both cases...
so, i tried with and without passthrough, same issue. mapping is wrong for AAC, but still ok for DTS and AC3. I tried to get the debug logs in both cases, but i never got the email. I know i should be able to give the log ID number, but i couldn't see it anywhere. I can however send you the xbmc.log file if you want to check, but i was told not to post such things on the forum.
post it on xbmclogs.com or pastebin.com and give the link