Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MythTV version 0.25 backend -- MythTV Cmyth PVR client verison 1.9.16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am unable to play the recorded HD OTA TV using PVR add on!

LIVE TV --> RECORDINGS (Heavy stuttering & buffering).

However when I play the recorded mpg using VIDEO -> FILES XBMC plays it flawlessly!

The above test tells me that PVR add on is the culprit! Is there anything I can do to play HD recordings flawlessly using the PVR client (LIVE TV -> RECORDINGS)?

BTW my network is hard wired CAT6!
Hard to say without some logs.
Enclosed debug log
Any help would be appreciated :-)
Can somebody helpHuh? I am 100% sure the problem is the Addon and I will explain! When I watch the programming using HDHOMERUN QuickTV it plays flawlessly however the Addon struggles even thought I have a CAT6 wired connection. Does anybody else face the same problem and if so is there a fix?
(2014-10-13, 00:07)vskatusa Wrote: [ -> ]Can somebody helpHuh? I am 100% sure the problem is the Addon and I will explain! When I watch the programming using HDHOMERUN QuickTV it plays flawlessly however the Addon struggles even thought I have a CAT6 wired connection. Does anybody else face the same problem and if so is there a fix?

Hmmm, you should upgrade to mythtv 0.27 at least and try the new mythtv addon (see thread pvr.mythtv addon)

Not sure is the addon. Lot use it without issue. Your backend have to be configured according to mythtv wiki requirements. Cpu , disk and memory should be sized correctly etc... Lot of points to check !
Yep I missed the subject line saying 0.25. No one should be running 0.25 any more.
In the log you have generate few kilometers of ffmpeg issues. That s not the addon. The stream source provided by the backend is corrupted. So please upgrade your backend.

Helo nickr !
Hi Janbar: I disagree! When I view the "recorded" tv thru XBMC it is prestine clear! And If I use QUICK TV from HDHOMERUN (offcourse this by passes Myth backend) the picture is crystal clear! I hear from alll to move towards 0.27! I am sure the flaw is the Addon! BTW how do I install pvr.mythtv?
Addon pvr.mythtv runs only since 0.27.