Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: System completely locks up after pausing video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My system completely locks up after pausing a video for a minute or two. This happens every single time. If I pause it for a second or two it's okay. It's only after long pauses of a few minutes that it locks up. I've tried reinstalling my operating system (Linux Mint 16 KDE), then XBMC from scratch, I've tried upgrading XBMC from 2.12 to 2.13. Nothing works. No mouse, no keyboard. I've tested this in full screen and windowed mode. I have to do a hard reboot (holding down the power button) to turn off my laptop and power it up to get my system running again. I've been looking through this forum and searching Google for weeks and have found similar freezing issues but none match mine exactly. I've been using it for a year now with no problems until I tried adding the Cinnamon Desktop. That's when the problem first started, so I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled my OS and XBMC, but still have the same problem.

I hope someone can help because I love XBMC!

Dell vostro 3750 laptop
Linux Mint 16 KDE
My system was behaving in the same manner. I'm running OpenElec on an i5 Haswell NUC, it has done it on all of the 4.0 releases(Gotham), it seems to have stopped with the latest 4.2 beta2.
For vaapi this has been fixed via: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/be40...75f6e159ee
OpenELEC does not have that codepath since 4.2