Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Library export/import between different OS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would be upgrading my current XBMC installation to a new hardware (and new OS), I will be changing from Linux to Windows. As I've seen in the wiki, I can do a library export from the Linux XBMC and import it on the Windows XBMC, but my question is regarding media paths. I have all the media in an external USB drive, so Linux path is something like /usb_drive/Movies while Windows would be E:\Movies, does this generate some kind of conflict in XBMC? Should I update the path (in the generated exported files) prior of importing them to Windows? Whats the best aproach to do this upgrade?
If it is only one external drive, it can't be that much. So I would scrape them again after you changed your system.

If you stored each of your movies in a seperate folder, you can export the library and take the "seperate"-option. This will create a *.nfo file for each movie in each folder, copy fanart and poster and also jpegs from the actors to each movie on your USB-Drive
After you installed windows and added the USB drive as a source, you can scrape your DB by using "local NFO only". This will get you the same inputs in your library as it was before under linux. The path to the movie will be set new, so I think you won't get any conflicts.

Greetings
David
Thanks for the suggestion, lucky for me I have a good separate media folder system, so this should work.

BTW, do you know if that way I can also get the viewed/unviewed flag for each movie? Or that doesn't get exported?
Yeah, it does get exported but you will have to create advancedsettings.xml (wiki) with the option
Code:
<videolibrary>
     <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>

You can also add the tag <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint> in the <videolibrary> section to import the exported resume points.

Both of these will be ignored otherwise.