Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: doctor who episodes not displaying correctly in library
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi i need some help with getting some files to display correctly in my library. i recently got the entire 1963-89 collection of doctor who episodes onto my pc. they show up in xbmc but they're all wrong.

my folder structure is

Doctor Who- then inside that are individual folders containg the episodes

all the episode from classic doc who are in parts, i.e " an unearthly child part 1" then so on and so on but the scrapers dont recognise the individual parts names and the whole thing ends up in the wrong order
hehe - if you 'got' them from the same place as I did then you have to rename them - all of them - I would start by putting them in season folders (1-26) - then naming them according to the tvdb website - so an unearthly child part 1 would be s01e01 - an unearthly child part 1
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nam...s/TV_shows
should help you undstand file naming conventions
oh man really? i cant even tell what belongs in what season with the way the person who "gave" them to me has set them up :/
if they have episode names then you need to go to the tvdb and sort them into season folders first - when you have the episodes in the appropriate folders then start renaming - I remember it took me a while - but worth it in the end Wink
I couldnt see any way of automating the renaming so HAD to do it manually
Sorry if it seems a lot of work Sad
got them all into seasons Smile so i just get rid of the individual episode names and name them all after the overall episode name and add "part whatever"?
Sorry for late reply, work you know - you can keep the individual episode name - for example you name the first ep.
s01e01 - an unearthly child part 1
so you can keep tags on the episodes just in case you make any mistakes
next ep. s01e02 - an unearthly child part 2 etc. etc.
I think there are about 700 eps - Its been a while since I looked
Just take your time - any problems dont hesitate to ask Smile
And good luck Smile