Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with configuration - Asrock ION 330
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have problem with stuttering video. This problem appears after upgrading to XBMC Gotham 13.1. I have tried to go back to XBMC Frodo 12.2 and the problem disappear.

I'm running on a ASRock ION330.

I have logs from both version.

What I can see when I was enable dubugging was that the fps goes down to 10 sometimes and often between 15-20 fps.

Frodo 12.2 log: xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=242030

Gotham 13.1 log: xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=242077

Would be very happy if it would be possible to find some information in this logs to why it stutter.
I just look at the 13.1 logifle, because Frodo isn't supported anymore and you should go to this version IMHO

First....with Gotham 13.1 you used Openelec 4.0.6. There is a newer one...4.0.7. I would first use the newer version and see if your issue is maybe solved.

Disable VAAPI and enable VDPAU (should be already enabled). You don't need VAAPI as you are on NVidia and that uses VDPAU.

Is the video you want to play a local movie file or is it Live-TV? If Live TV try setting Deinterlacer to "auto" (can be done in the video OSD).

And please....enable debug logging before pasting a logfile Wink. Never seen a logfile as big as this Big Grin
(2014-07-31, 22:25)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]I just look at the 13.1 logifle, because Frodo isn't supported anymore and you should go to this version IMHO

First....with Gotham 13.1 you used Openelec 4.0.6. There is a newer one...4.0.7. I would first use the newer version and see if your issue is maybe solved.

Disable VAAPI and enable VDPAU (should be already enabled). You don't need VAAPI as you are on NVidia and that uses VDPAU.

Is the video you want to play a local movie file or is it Live-TV? If Live TV try setting Deinterlacer to "auto" (can be done in the video OSD).

And please....enable debug logging before pasting a logfile Wink. Never seen a logfile as big as this Big Grin

The problem exist both when watching HD video and Live TV.

I have tried to disable VAAPI and set Deinterlace to "Auto" witout success.

I have enable debug logging as it is described on page http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy are there anything else I need to do to get smaller "debug logs"?
Did you took the log from there: /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log ?

or from: /storage/logfile/01-xbmc.log

But, generally a big log isn't bad....just hard to read Wink

VDPAU is enabled?

And please install OpenElec 4.0.7 and paste a new log, please
(2014-07-31, 22:56)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you took the log from there: /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log ?

or from: /storage/logfile/01-xbmc.log

But, generally a big log isn't bad....just hard to read Wink

VDPAU is enabled?

And please install OpenElec 4.0.7 and paste a new log, please

I have updated to OpenElec 4.0.7 and here are the new log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=257890

The log are from /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
What is your audio setup? ie what is producing your audio? How is it plugged into the PC? Please also post screenshots of your audio settings pages with expert settings level on.
(2014-07-31, 23:42)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]What is your audio setup? ie what is producing your audio? How is it plugged into the PC? Please also post screenshots of your audio settings pages with expert settings level on.

I play audio via HDMI direct to my Samsung 46" LED TV.

I attach some pictures on my video and audio settings page.

Try turning on "Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video" -

Before you do that try getting the codec display screen up while playing something (Openelec seem to map the context menu button to this during playback) and post a shot of a video that stutters. Then do a screen shot and post that.
(2014-08-01, 02:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Try turning on "Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video" -

Before you do that try getting the codec display screen up while playing something (Openelec seem to map the context menu button to this during playback) and post a shot of a video that stutters. Then do a screen shot and post that.

How do I easiest take shot of a video that stutters and post it here?
I assume same as the other screenshots you showed. I imagine you took them by using the prtscr button on a keyboard or the remote button mapped accordingly.
(2014-08-01, 02:10)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Try turning on "Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video" -

After I turn on "Adjust Display Refresh....."

Even when I play a MPEG2 movie/Live TV I get a lot of dropped and skipped frames:

I am a bit stuck for further suggestions.

One last thing. Does it make a difference if you turn off the subtitles?
I had same issue have a look here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195596 hopefully this should resolve your problem
(2014-08-01, 13:40)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]I am a bit stuck for further suggestions.

One last thing. Does it make a difference if you turn off the subtitles?

Disable subtitle doesn't work:

The only codec that seems to work pretty ok are MPEG4:

Pages: 1 2