Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CEC not working propertly on Thomson 40FZ5533 with T-Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I need advice from advanced XBMC users

Problem:
XBMC have no any reaction when I'm pressing buttons on TV remote, like: left, rigth, up, down, ok, red, green, etc...
When anything playing (music, video) remote can handle few commands: pause, stop, forward, back, next and previous

Configuration:
platform: raspberry Pi ver. B
system: RaspBMC
TV: Thomson 40FZ5533 with t-link
When raspberry booting up, massages showing that CEC device finded, TV discovered.

What has been done:
I've found a few articles how to create keyboard.xml, and remote.xml, but non of this help.
By default "play, stop, forward, back, next, previous" work fine, but I can find a file from where is set up...
In raspbmc it should be: /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

Maybe my TV doesn't support CEC as it should be?

Thank you in advance for help.
You can see in your XBMC log which buttons are passed through to CEC and which are not - just turn on debugging. The ones that yield an action in XBMC do can be remapped.

It's my impression that quite a few brands (or models) implement CEC loosely, seems to be a bit hit and miss.
Well, I've try your suggestion, but I can see only "play, stop, forward, back, next, previous" in log. Other buttons seems want be recognized by XBMC...

If I'll try to use universal remote, like Logitech Harmony, will it change something?
Hi.
I just bought myself a new Thomson 40FU3255/G and have very simillar problems.
CEC (T-Link) is not properly working.
The funny thing though is, that when you press "option" on the remote, and choose "T-Link ->Setup ->Guide Menu", so the little remote popup appears in the left corner, you can use the remote to walkthrough xbmc pretty well... So it doesn't seem to be a really impossible mission...
But who wants to have a stupid popup in the corner all the time :-)

Any ideas highly appreciated!

Thank you
Sascha
Little offtop:
My TV become broken in 1,5 month, now waiting for repaired/new one.

@tafkaz - thank you, and will check this option.

I wander if it will work with universal remote like Logitech Harmony...

My workaround was XBMC remote app on iPAD, works fine, some hangs on beginning and then smooth play all the rest video file Smile
Has anyone found a way to resolve this? I have the exact same problem, CEC works perfectly as long as the Guide Menu is active, which is useless as it obscures a good portion of the screen, usually where my file list is, i sort of, kind of can use it to browse my media files and play something but then i have to exit the overlay and i lose control. I guess this is more of a question for Thomson / TCL (that's the brand they are going by in some EU countries) but i don't expect them to even acknowledge that there's a problem, they seem like a shitty 'bought for name' brand used for peddling Chinese hardware now
(2014-08-01, 11:12)Logik_ua Wrote: [ -> ]/home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/remote.xml

Maybe try /home/pi/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/keyboard.xml, thats what works for LG tv and OpenELEC.

Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<skipminus>Rewind</skipminus>
<skipplus>FastForward</skipplus>
<red>info</red>
<green>ContextMenu</green>
<yellow>ToggleWatched</yellow>
<blue>CodecInfo</blue>
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>
(2014-10-05, 21:26)Brgljez Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone found a way to resolve this? I have the exact same problem, CEC works perfectly as long as the Guide Menu is active, which is useless as it obscures a good portion of the screen, usually where my file list is, i sort of, kind of can use it to browse my media files and play something but then i have to exit the overlay and i lose control. I guess this is more of a question for Thomson / TCL (that's the brand they are going by in some EU countries) but i don't expect them to even acknowledge that there's a problem, they seem like a shitty 'bought for name' brand used for peddling Chinese hardware now

It's the TV's choice which buttons to forward and in what circumstances to forward them.
If they are not being forwarded in some cases, then there's nothing xbmc can do about that.
Unless there are any CEC menu options (on the TV) that can change this, the only option is looking for a TV firmware update and hoping.
(2014-08-08, 17:14)tafkaz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi.
I just bought myself a new Thomson 40FU3255/G and have very simillar problems.
CEC (T-Link) is not properly working.
The funny thing though is, that when you press "option" on the remote, and choose "T-Link ->Setup ->Guide Menu", so the little remote popup appears in the left corner, you can use the remote to walkthrough xbmc pretty well... So it doesn't seem to be a really impossible mission...
But who wants to have a stupid popup in the corner all the time :-)

Any ideas highly appreciated!

Thank you
Sascha
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but anyone found any solutions? I have the exact same problem.

Thanks.