Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Upon XBMC Start Cannot Navigate Menus Until I Mouse Over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I attempted to search calling this issue in any way that I can and I didn't see a solution.

Basically when I load up XBMC with Aeon MQ 5 and I try to navigate left/right with arrow keys (or remote) it just makes the sounds without being on any selectable menu item.

Once I move the mouse over any entry then the focus is on the menu entries and my arrow keys then work.
So upon loading it seems the focus is not set on the menu selections and hence why I cannot navigate (hopefully that makes sense).

I have this same thing occur on 2 computers, both currently with 13.2 Beta 1 (was the same with 13.1 final).

I just loaded XBMC 4 times and 2 times I had the issue and the other 2 were fine.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks.
Upon further testing it seems this is related to where the mouse may be on the screen which then sets focus away from the menu items!

If I disable the mouse/touch screen input as an input device it works every time, however I actually need the mouse at times to navigate for reasons related to my remote (Gyration) and some menus that don't play nicely with its back button.

Is there a way to delay the mouse input so that the focus would be set correctly on the menu items initially for navigating?
I notice some times none of the menu items are highlighted/brighter when I load XBMC, but when I press a key (right/left in this example) it then becomes highlighted and works. However other times the pressing does nothing and only makes a sound and never selects anything.
Yep, I have the exact same annoying issue.

This issue only happens for me when I launch the XBMC program with a mouse.

Normally I have XBMC launch when windows starts and I don't have a problem, only when I close XBMC and double click the icon with the mouse.
It's good to know it's not just me.
However I doubted it as I had the same issue on 2 separate computers.
I always launch XBMC with the mouse (being it's gyration, (airmouse) it's easy enough to point/click), but the issue is still random but often enough to be an issue.
Me too!!!!

Big Grin
Could you just click on the splashscreen before xbmc loads to ensure window focus? I know that's not a fix, but it might be a quick fix for the mean time.
Another workaround is to put a delay for 3 seconds to the Desktop Icon, something like this

"C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -d 3