Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Own 3D movies menu in GUI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Amber skin on openelec for rpi. Running very smooth and well.

I have just one question - I would like to show "Movies" in the GUI and separate have "3D movies" in the main GUI. The "Movies" only includes 2D movies and the "3D Movies" only 3D movies. Would this be possible. The 3D movies are on a separate HD and all have 3D in folder and file name.

Thanks in advance for any guidance!!!
yes i have just done this on my Pi its hard to explain how to do it but easy to do.......this is what i have done i have a Movies folder for my 2d movies and a 3D movies folder where i place my 3D movies you need to make sure that both folders are added and showing up in your library before you do this, you need go into videos>playlists>Create new smart playlist name it movies add the rule as Path Contains than put the path to your 2d movies than add another smart playlist called 3D movies same rules but path to your 3d movies folder.......add both to favourites by right clicking and add to favourites than go into settings>homescreen and turn off the movies button click on one that says empty and add one of the playlists itll ask to name it say 3d movies or movies whiich ever you chose and itll show in the homescreen. the reason you make a 2d movies one is cause you have added te 3d movies at the beginning to show up under library this way they wont show up unless you click the 3d movies tab you just created hope you can understand this well enough to do what you want if not let me know and ill make a quick youtube video guide on my pc for you to follow using your PI

heres a video of me doing it on pc its pretty much same as pi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTunWmBG...e=youtu.be
Thanks a lot. I succeeded to do so. My issue is though that the recently added widget no longer works for the "3D movies" and "2D movies". Is there a way to keep those working?
no i havent found a way to show them sorry i gave up in the end for getting them back
(2014-08-10, 02:40)steve1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot. I succeeded to do so. My issue is though that the recently added widget no longer works for the "3D movies" and "2D movies". Is there a way to keep those working?

No, currently there's no way.

Best you can achieve ATM is to leave Movies section with widgets in main menu so you have a shelf with all movies, and add 2 extra menu items that would lead to each of the smart playlists you've made.
Thanks for your quick reply. From what I understand, this is currently not possible in Amber skin, but possible in MQ5. Any chance to see this being implemented in one of the next releases?
+1 for the recenlty added widget to filter according to the the smart playlist