Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Automatically toggle TV-3D Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to automatically activate the TV-3D-Mode when starting XBMC-Playback.
My TV is a 2014 Samsung H6470.

I stumbled upon this thread, but it seems the newer samsung tvs don't have the port 55000 open, so the addon doesn't work Sad

So is there another option? Maybe via CEC?

Its really anoying to start xbmc-3d-playback and than navigate through the whole samsung-settings-menu to activate 3D.
The same when stopping 3d-playback to disable 3d-Mode.

How do you use 3D together with your TV? I can't be the only one who's annoying this Smile
Don't you have a 3D button on your remote ?

It shouldn't be necessary to navigate through your TVs menu to activate the 3D mode, it should only require 2 or 3 quick button presses on your remote, starting with the 3D button.
Unfortunately there is no 3D button on the H6470's remote Sad
Isn't there anybody else using 3D via XBMC? Sad
Yes of course there are plenty of people using 3d. However Samsung seem to have removed network control, or perhaps shifted the port it runs on.

Is there an android/ios remote for your TV? They usually operate over network. Trying with some network Sniffer software could give some clues.