Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Comcast + Openelec (XBMC) setup advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to make the return to Cable TV as it was offered to me free by Comcast. That being said, I would like to integrate Comcast with my Openelec/XBMC setup. My goal is to build another XBMC Box (prefer openelec if possible) with HDHomeRun Prime and DVR functionality that allows me to watch and record all Comcast HD channels (including Premium HBO channels), access Comcast On-Demand (Ok, I can live without this one if it is not possible), and access my current XBMC set up (use the same Database). Or use Plex via Roku or add XBMC to my appleTV

What is my best course of action? Is there a guide for something like this?

The other solution is to get another Comcast box but that is no fun.

Thanks
John
Is your Comcast encrypted?
(2014-08-15, 05:47)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Is your Comcast encrypted?

How do I find out if it is?
I'm using HDHomeRun Prime with Comcast and mythtv backend. Except for my problems watching live tv (constantly buffering) it works very well for me. I can't comment on the HBO, don't subscribe that. I don't think on-demand is working either, haven't tried though.
For anybody coming across, this. I've sorted out my buffering issue by changing the mount options of the file system, adding "noatime" and "nodiratime" options (as mentioned on http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Optimizing_Performance)