Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable popups between songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm new to XBMC and this forum. I tried to search for a solution but I didn't find anything that works for me (probably because of my poor searching skills Wink). My problem I just installed XBMC and changed to the Quartz skin (which I really like). When I switch to Music and I play an album / cd I get an annoying popup with Lyrics and some basic controls (play, stop, forward, back). I can remove the popup by pressing the menu button on my Apple Remote but it will return after one or two songs.

I found a option to disable the lyrics in the settings, but i'm not able to disable the complete popup. I just want to listen to music and I don't want the popup Smile. I should be possible to remove this thing? Or not? Can anybody point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
What happens when you go to Settings/Skin/Configure Lyrics, click on it and then select "None clear current setting" ?
The popup with the functional controls stays (play, pause, forward) but the popup doesn't show the lyrics. So no lyrics are shown but there still is a popup. I think I saw it happen with the default skin also... If thats true it's not a Quartz "feature" but something that happens in all of XBMC. Thats why I figured there must be an easy solution Smile.
(2014-08-15, 11:39)HeckerBob Wrote: [ -> ]The popup with the functional controls stays (play, pause, forward) but the popup doesn't show the lyrics. So no lyrics are shown but there still is a popup. I think I saw it happen with the default skin also... If thats true it's not a Quartz "feature" but something that happens in all of XBMC. Thats why I figured there must be an easy solution Smile.

You're right. Looks like a XBMC bug to me.
If it is a bug it would have been noticed by a lot of people wouldn't it? I don't know the exact numbers of the user base of XBMC but I guess it are a lot of people Smile. Any idea where I can look at / create bug reports (if this is a bug and not just an unwanted feature (for me))?
General help and support is where I would go and ask about.
Thanks for the help! Will try over there.
Workaround - delete script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.XML from a skin 1080i folder
I will try it tonight and see if this works.
I'm probably not looking very well but I can't find the "script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.XML" file. I'm using a Mac and I'm looking in the ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz directory. Is this the correct place as far as you know or do I need to search in a other place?
(2014-08-15, 19:40)HeckerBob Wrote: [ -> ]I'm probably not looking very well but I can't find the "script-XBMC_Lyrics-main.XML" file. I'm using a Mac and I'm looking in the ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/skin.quartz directory. Is this the correct place as far as you know or do I need to search in a other place?

You are in the right place. I was looking at Amber folder, it has it Quartz does not as lyrics window always annoyed me so I didn't include it.

Anyhow. There is nothing in the skin that is starting that silly lyrics support. It comes from XBMC and it does seem to pop up even if you don't have lyrics script defined / chosen in skin settings. Thus, it is either a bug or some recent annoying feature - I don't really know, sorry.

On a second thought delete script.cu.lrclyrics folder from add-ons folder. Seems it did the trick for me.
Deleting the script.cu.lrclyrics folder worked for me, many thanks for your time. I wouldn't have figured this one out myself in a reasonable amount of time Smile.