Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Helix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone tried how it is performing with Helix Alpha 2? Any plans to update the skin for it?
I've tried it, it performs well. The only issue, and not a minor one, I had was when working with setting content of library items. You have to switch to something else like confluence to do it. Once thats done you can switch back to Amber.
As with any other skin that hasn't been updated for Helix, the TV (Live TV) menus are non-working. If you use PVR, it's a no-go. I'm hoping for an update of the skin since I use PVR as well as PleXBMC integration.
Hey Guys,

Alpha 1 and 2, Amber skin is working good.

On Alpha 3 which was released this morning there is issues with the Keboard layout (apparently it is set to blank for most skins until they supply one?)

So that might need to be looked into.......

Cheers Rob.
It's very possible that we will not be seeing an Amber update for Helix:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730379
(2014-09-01, 13:51)puithove Wrote: [ -> ]It's very possible that we will not be seeing an Amber update for Helix:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730379

This would be a real shame.. (for me anyway).. amber is skin i have come to love for OpenElec on my Pi's... if i have to change when we upgrade to v14 then im going to get a beating from the WAF lol..

it's also the best performing skin i've seen for the Pi.. though i've not tried confluence in a while..

i guess i'll have to make the switch back and hope i can add all the customisation that i've come to love from amber Sad
Hi, I use Amber exclusively on my home machines including Pi and have therefore tried to update the skin for 14.0 (Helix) this is compatible with Alpha 3 although the PVR Now\Next views and Search and Timer Windows need some modifications which I hope to complete over the next few days. This is my first try at skinning so please be gentle\patient.

Please let me know if you have any issues, also does anyone use the Plexbmc portion of this skin?

Skin can be retrieved from here.

https://github.com/joethepartylion/skin.amber/tree/14.0

Thanks
(2014-09-02, 13:03)joethepartylion Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I use Amber exclusively on my home machines including Pi and have therefore tried to update the skin for 14.0 (Helix) this is compatible with Alpha 3 although the PVR Now\Next views and Search and Timer Windows need some modifications which I hope to complete over the next few days. This is my first try at skinning so please be gentle\patient.

Please let me know if you have any issues, also does anyone use the Plexbmc portion of this skin?

Skin can be retrieved from here.

Thanks

Awesome Smile I will look at flashing a fresh SD card tonight and will test it out...
(2014-09-02, 13:03)joethepartylion Wrote: [ -> ]Please let me know if you have any issues, also does anyone use the Plexbmc portion of this skin?

Yes, that's actually the primary reason I use Amber. Don't get me wrong, I like the look too, but the decision came down to the PleXBMC integration. I use XBMC instead of an official Plex client so that I can have my Plex media and have the PVR functionality built in too.

Edit: Just tried your mod. Initially it looks good - PVR is working (the main thing for me that was broken on Helix). I like your changes to the layout on the EPG screen and the channel list screen. I see that you fixed the overlapping PVR info in the codec view. Thanks for what you've done, I encourage you to continue.

Wonder if you can send pecinko a pull request for your changes so he can update the current official repository, or if you're interested in taking over the project totally.
Glad that it is working for you. There are still a number of formatting changes to do to do with the <left> and <label> changes for Kodi/Helix e.g. the Icon and Panel view labels can be off centre ( will work on all of these for the next week or so)

I can't take credit for all of the changes as some were made to the git repository but it doesn't seem to have been made to the official add-on repo ( e.g. the PVR\Codec overlap was done by mk01 in July).

Once the formatting fixes are complete I will look at adding some more features that have been missed e.g. 3D button etc., and try to keep up with the Kodi skin changes. Is there anything else that people would like to see and change (don't forget this is my first try at skinning\modding so be gentle)
I have now uploaded what I think are all required changes to support Kodi 14.0\Helix Alpha 3 including the new international keyboard and PVR windows.

Can anyone who wishes to try please use the new code here and let me know if you have any issues (these will most likely be to do with label formatting although I think I have caught most of them)

I will now look into adding the 3D buttons in the video OSD and 3D flags in the library views, let me know if there is anything else people would like to see.

Thanks
(2014-09-04, 13:07)joethepartylion Wrote: [ -> ]I have now uploaded what I think are all required changes to support Kodi 14.0\Helix Alpha 3 including the new international keyboard and PVR windows.

Can anyone who wishes to try please use the new code here and let me know if you have any issues (these will most likely be to do with label formatting although I think I have caught most of them)

Looking good here. Labels in Low List view seem fine (had noticed they were misaligned previously). Overall the functionality seems good. Onscreen keyboard is working. Nod