Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Frustrated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me here. So I am trying to get multiple XBMC clients running off of one db. All my clients are frodo 12.2. I have MySQL installed on my synology. I have a movies and a series share on my synology. I have I access the 2 shares from my XBMC clients via smb.

I have followed the Share libraries with MySQL guide several times now, step for step and still can't get it working.

Everything works fine up until after the import of my db. The MySQL db creates correctly and the import runs correctly. It takes forever but eventually completes. I can then watch the imported stuff on my clients. but the issue comes in now where I then tell my main client to update library to pickup new stuff that has been downloaded. What happens then is that all my media files are then added via the update and I end up with duplicates on everything. I have tried update library, scan for new content, even the watchdog addon and I just get duplicates.

So I really don't know what is happening. it is really frustrating because I have started from scratch several times and every time it takes more than an hour to complete the import I suppose I could start from scratch but then I have to go through 10TB worth of media and set watch status again and who knows if the next library update will double up on everything again.

Can some please help me?

Regards
Richard
just to confirm, when you scan in your media the first time, you are using smb:// paths correct? can you post your advancedsettings.xml from your "main" client?
Hi,

I actually don't scan in the first time. I delete the 2 databases in MySQL. Start up XBMC. Once the dbs are created I add the 2 smb shares but I click NO at the end of the setup process where it asks if you want to refresh the path. Then I begin the import.

The advancedsettings.xml file is that same as the one in the wiki. I just removed my IPs

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
<importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
Compare the path between two entries for the same movie.

You can do this in most skins by looking in movie info, or by looking in the database itself.
Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

Yes I know this and have tried but the option to see Movie/Series/File Info does not appear in the Context Menu. Also both movies or episodes play and if I remove one of them via the context menu then both are removed from the list. Cleaning Library also does not work. I am using the default skin...Confluence.

This leads me to believe that the same stuff is been brought in by the Update Library. I also made sure that there were no duplicates in the library export file and that all the paths are pointing where they should be using the smb shares. Took a while because the file is over 18MB big but I am 100% sure that there are no duplicates in the library file that I import.

So either I am doing something wrong, or a step is missing in the wiki or my file is not importing correctly.
compare both the contents of sources.xml in userdata (wiki)
they must be EXACTLY the same. if only you use a different drive letter or whatever, XBMC thinks the paths are different and will import them again.

the info dialog doesn't really show if you added the drive different
Hi Martijn,

I have also checked that. I only have the 2 smb shares in my sources.xml file. Also please note that while I am trying to get library sharing to work between 2 or more clients, I have yet to switch on any other clients. My issues as described above are happening on one client (which I want to be my main client).

No other clients are on or even pointing to the mysql database at this point so the duplicates are been added by my MAIN client after importing on the MAIN client.
(2014-08-20, 11:00)dracosveen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

Yes I know this and have tried but the option to see Movie/Series/File Info does not appear in the Context Menu. Also both movies or episodes play and if I remove one of them via the context menu then both are removed from the list. Cleaning Library also does not work. I am using the default skin...Confluence.

This leads me to believe that the same stuff is been brought in by the Update Library. I also made sure that there were no duplicates in the library export file and that all the paths are pointing where they should be using the smb shares. Took a while because the file is over 18MB big but I am 100% sure that there are no duplicates in the library file that I import.

So either I am doing something wrong, or a step is missing in the wiki or my file is not importing correctly.

Sounds like you exported your database to a single file? Wiki says to export to multiple files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MyS...#Exporting

I don't know if this is the cause or not.
that could likely be it yes. running out of suggestions here Smile
(2014-08-20, 11:14)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-20, 11:00)dracosveen Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanx for the reply.

Sounds like you exported your database to a single file? Wiki says to export to multiple files.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MyS...#Exporting

I don't know if this is the cause or not.

You correct. However according to the wiki, this is only due to the fanart issue when exporting to a single file. The difference between single and separate files is that the export is saved as an NFO in the respective directories of each movie or series. I don't see how this will make a difference because all the data is supposed to be kept in the mysql database, so when the import is done (and as I have said previously, import works 100%), surely the update library function should check against the mysql db if something should be scraped or not?

Else there should already be NFO files in the directories from normal scraping and then import/export becomes null and void?
Yeah, unless there is a path problem somehow. A "single file" export contains paths. A multiple file export doesn't need to store paths as every nfo is in the directory and will be imported with the path that is seen on import.

importing from a single file will replicate the path that was previously in the database, and if that changes for some reason on using mysql, it will see the files as different. At east that is ho i understand it.
Could you look up a duplicate movie in the database directly and compare the path for both?
If your initial import uses an UNC path, like "\\server\movies" and you later created a drive letter for that share "K:\movies", they will be found twice. Same if you used "\\server\movies" instead of "192.168.0.10\movies"
I didn't think of looking in the db. I will do that when I get home as my port forwarding seems to exclude getting to pages hosted by my NAS.

As for the paths in the export. I made sure that they are all smb paths.

I think I am going to have to remove advancedsettings.xml to go back to local db. Then do an import of the single file. Hopefully the update does not do duplicates again and then export to separate files and hope that that works. Or maybe looking in the db will shed some more light.

Either way will be a few hours before I can report back Smile
(2014-08-20, 11:56)dracosveen Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think of looking in the db.

I did suggest that in post 4 Smile
(2014-08-20, 12:22)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-20, 11:56)dracosveen Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think of looking in the db.

I did suggest that in post 4 Smile

I apologize for that oversight. I am at work and quite busy today so I overlooked it most probably or read it in a different context.
Pages: 1 2