Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Onscreen keyboard shows no letters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I try to search anything in XBMC the onscreen keyboard has not letters. Only empty boxes.
I tried rebooting but for nothing.

Thanks for your help.
you're welcome.
(2014-08-20, 17:14)official23 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to search anything in XBMC the onscreen keyboard has not letters. Only empty boxes.

Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem... Can't type or or use the keyboard for anything. Anyone have a fix?
don't run 14.0 Helix and non supported skins
hello martijn,

i'm not using 14.0 helix. and not even any skins.
(2014-08-20, 17:14)official23 Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to search anything in XBMC the onscreen keyboard has not letters. Only empty boxes.

Thanks for your help.

If you are using Kodi 14.0 “Helix” alpha2 developement build, it has the letters but wouldn't work with the arrow keys on my keyboard, try going to System/Settings/Input Devices and see if "Remote Control sends keyboard presses" is disabled. I had to enable this to get that build to work.

If you are using the latest nightly, there are no letters and "Remote Control sends keyboard presses" option is not there and I think were out of luck. I had to revert back to the latest development build "Kodi 14.0 “Helix” alpha2" and enable the option above to get the arrow keys to work. Hope that helps.
Official23, try linking to a debug log so we can see what OS, XBMC version and skin you use.

Screenshots wouldn't hurt either.

The mantra is: if you provide no info, you will get no answers
i was using the '7 on screen' icons instead of 5 , moved back to 5 and that worked.
thanks for all the help.
(2014-08-22, 13:06)official23 Wrote: [ -> ]i was using the '7 on screen' icons instead of 5 , moved back to 5 and that worked.
thanks for all the help.

Same issue here. On latest ARM nightly on FireTV. This fixed it? Where is this option?

EDIT: I reverted back to stock Confluence skin and that worked for now. Too bad bc I loved using the Amber skin.
Go to system/settings/appearance/international. Choose a keyboard layout (eg:english qwerty).
By default there is no keyboard selected
(2014-10-28, 03:45)halfie10 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to system/settings/appearance/international. Choose a keyboard layout (eg:english qwerty).

That seems like the only option I have not tried from the other answers. Will try it today but thanks in advance
(2014-10-28, 03:45)halfie10 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to system/settings/appearance/international. Choose a keyboard layout (eg:english qwerty).

Yes that will fix it Its also been fixed in nightlies (partially) only happen now if by any chance either a user selects no layout or when you select some language other than English and the layouts aren't automatically populated with the one from your language...
I have this problem in Helix and it's the one that released just the other day. No letters on the keys, typing on my external doesn't work and to top it all off - I can't close it without exiting Kodi.Selecting a layout in the options doesn't change anything. Could this be a skin issue?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 on a Asus EEE Box, nVIDIA ION, Intel Atom and the skin used is reFocus. The keyboard, not that it matters, is a Logitech K400.
Well if it is a skin issue, you can answer your own question by reverting to default skin and testing. I bet you will find the answer is a very likely yes.
Refocus hasn't been updated for Helix yet. There is a helix mod in the refocus forum that you can manually install in the meantime if you'd like.
Pages: 1 2 3