Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MQ5 favorites are not showing above favorites icon as widgets on main menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, I am not able to figure out how to get my favorites to show above the favorites icon as widgets on the main menu screen of Neon Mq5 skin. Also, I would like to be able to do the same thing for custom menu's, like tv shows etc. and have addons etc. showing as widgets above the presets like movies, tv , etc. I have added to my favorites and have the widgets set to show in the settings but still no love. I have worked through all the customization menu's and obviously something is eluding me...help please...thank you
..thank you for replying to my call for help Alex. The answer that you gave me was exactly what I was looking for, for the second part of my problem. The first part with the missing widgets I found the solution to. I had first found out about neon mq5 from a youtube video about Prometheus. I googled around and found a download for the skin on their site. I really liked it but of course it came with all the backgrounds advertising their product. I experimented and changed some of the backgrounds and liked the software. I have a few devices that I use for xbmc and was setting up a new one and wanted just the original neon skin. Like a lot of this I googled around and found that there was one included with the add-on total installer. I put this on and everything seemed fine but I had a widget that I used with favorites before but not now and after a couple of hours I tried posting here. As it turns out the problem was with the addon from total installer. I removed that and installed one from super repo and this one worked fine and the widgets work. One thing that I had really liked when I used the one from Prometheus (and the only difference that I can see) is that when using programs like istream etc. the fan art and views were amazing and just the normal setting and it does not have that ability with the other versions. So what I did today was copy the background folder from the original mq5..uninstall the addon and install the Prometheus one ...remove the backgrounds folder...copy in the other one with some of my own pics and the views are spectacular.
once again thank you for the help...