Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: black screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks for your help
Upgrade to 13.2
could you please give me more information on how to upgrade to 13.2 ?
See Team KODI PPA (wiki)
did you try the obvious?

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Wsnipex I am new to this when you say sudo apt-getupdate ,sudo apt-get upgrade I don't know where are how to do this .is there a step by step guide?
thanks for any help you can give me
those are the steps ... open a terminal and put those commands in there.

->> www.openelec.tv
There is a SSH (wiki) guide for how to connect via ssh, you can also press ctrl+zlt+f2 to drop into a terminal from XBMCbuntu and ctrl+alt+f7 to go back once its done, but read >> SSH (wiki) is better. Dont forget to read TEAM KODI PPA (wiki) if you stuck
If I take a look at the logs, I saw some things like this:

Code:
08:20:21 T:140671971235776   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in repository.mash2k3 has been installed.'
Code:
08:20:21 T:140671971235776   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in script.navi-x has been installed.'
Code:
08:20:21 T:140671971235776   DEBUG: ADDON: cpluff: 'Plug-in plugin.video.icefilms has been installed.'

You linked me to this thread form another one, where you have been told not to ask about support for navi-x, icefilms and mashup. Your logfile is full of parts from mashup. So I presume, your "streaming live streams" are related to those addons and, as you have been told, in the other thread, you won't get any support for this in here.

If I were you, I wouldn't ask again. You might be banned. Take a look into this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712
David1977
thanks for your help but I have not mention or ask for any support for any of them.
And that's why you edit your first posting and delete those logfiles and the whole question in there? Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

So I think, you either managed to upgrade your system and this solves your issue, or you now understand, that asking about those addons won't get you any further in here to solve it.

Further, I didn't saw any live TV-backend in your logfiles, what gets me to my point (written in posting #9) again.

Don't get me wrong. I know, that not everyone reads the forum rules or the stickies and that's ok. But don't try to take us for a fool. That's why we asked for logfiles to see, what is going on on your system. If you want help which is related to those addons, please contact the author. Team Kodi doesn't give any support for this. That's the best help you will get in here.

But, unfortunately, the authors itself won't give you any support, IIRC Wink.

Greetings
David
No I have not fixed the problem yet going to do some more reading and learning about this stuff. I remove log files because it shows them addons I was not sure if that was allow or not in this form. My question was about live tv .And i guess that is not allow either .but I did not mention any addons.If I broke any rules sorry. I am the new guy here will take the information and help that was given to me read, read, and read some more. I like to learn new stuff.
thanks
LiveTV is absolutely allowed.

But addons like Navi-x or Mashup arenĀ“t

For LiveTV you will need a backend server (TV-Headend for example) and a tv-tuner card to receive live tv provided either via cable, sat or terristrial antenna.

Live-TV has nothing to do with those addons you installed manually by using unofficial repositories.

Maybe this will help you:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=PVR
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=PVR_backend

Greetings