Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MySQL Client issue - Kodi freezes on library view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read about someone having a similar issue on this forum, but his fix didn't work for me. On one of my Kodi machine that isn't the one that scans for new movies/shows, (running Gotham 13.2, Kubuntu, Wireless on AC 5Ghz) when I go movies->titles it doesn't show the artwork and it takes forever for the total hours of movies to add up. If the total hours doesn't reach the final number, if I try and start a movie, I heard the movie audio, but the video doesn't show up. Sometimes nothing happens and Kodi locks up. My Kodi machine on ethernet does not have this issue. Another wireless client on Kubuntu, 5GHz, but running 13.0 works fine.

On the machine having issues, there are no issues running stuff from the main screen - if you don't have to click on "titles".

If I go through the Dolphin file browser I can load the movies on VLC without any issues. (I provide this information to show that the network itself is fine. That also is shown by the other wireless client being fine. Although, that's an older version of Kodi, but I'm scared to upgrade in case it's a bug in newer Kodi)

What should I be looking for in the debug logs in order to help fix this issue? Also, if you want me to post the debug logs, where do I post it? Here, but in a "code" tag? Pastebin? Etc
Interestingly enough, I was able to fix the problem by symlinking to a Thumbnails folder (which I used to have to do before Gotham and Thumbnails). Looks like something with Thumbnails being transmitted from MySQL broke in 13.1/13.2 in Kubuntu? Not 100% sure, but I don't seem to have the problem anymore. For one thing, the display of how much time worth of movies I have (300-something hours) is generated lightning fast like it used to before.
Looks like it was just a one time-fix. Not sure what's going on, but the view remains stuck on 17 hrs (instead of 300-something) and trying to load any movies causes XBMC to freeze. No issues if I start it from the home screen (most recent movies). If I go through Videos-> to other things that are shorter like genre or years, it's fine.
An update for anyone who'd like to help me with this issue: Just upgraded xbmc on one of my other Kubuntu-based computers which is also using Wifi. That one does not display the problem. (My Fedora computer which is ethernet connected never displays the problem)
One more update: It has something to do with the internet connection. Because of a deadzone in my kitchen I'd had to buy an Edimax AC-1200 to make sure the movie wouldn't keep freezing up. Once the movie starts it's perfect. But because of the bug that I started this thread about, I can't start the movies. I went up to the same room the router is in and used the computer's built-in wifi (which isn't good in its normal location). The bug is gone. It properly enumerates all the movies and I can start up any movie. I'm able to quit and restart XBMC and it still works without issue. The question is this: is this a bug that needs to be filed on trac? Should this issue be freezing up the XBMC thread? And I know it freezes up because debug mode stops updating when the screen freezes.