Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to detect user wants to play movie?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am attempting to write a script that would partially accomplish this: [Feature Request] Improve user experience with blu-ray iso's

I'm writing small testprogs (in python) to see how to do the necessary steps (how to play movie from iso, ....), but now I'm stuck.

I want to be able to play a movie when the user presses 'enter' in the list with movies.

Player.onPlayBackStarted seems like a good place, but isn't what I'm looking for. The reason is that I get the onPlayBackStarted event only AFTER I get to see the 'select playback item' window that you get with blu-ray iso's.

I want to get rid of this 'select playback item' window.

So I looked in the Build-in Modules docs, but couldn't find any other event that would help me.

Another way would be to intercept the keypress ('return' in this case, if you start the movie with a keyboard), but there doesn't seem to be an action to run a script?

How can I detect the user wants to play a blu-ray iso file before the 'select playback item' window gets displayed?
Or in other words...
How can I run a script when the user decides to play a movie (presses enter in the playlist).

Any hints/pointers would be appreciated!

Wimpie