Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Where are the NFS mount points?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm currently testing some NFS-topics on a AB-com Prismcube Ruby. The OS is a Angström Linux hosting XBMC Gotham 13.1. The box servers as a client and is used to access movies via NFS on a Debian server.

My problem is now that I don't know how to see the NFS mount points when I access the NFS-ressource via XBMC. I can browse the NFS-share without problems but I need to see where XBMC/linux sets the mount point. I tried "mount" or "cat /etc/fstab" but I don't see anything which looks like a NFS mount point.

When I use a term on the Prismcube and mount the NFS-share manually on the server, I get of course a visible mount point.

First I thought this is a behavior of the Angström linux, so I set up a second client running Debian and Kodi. There I don't see any mount point when I browse the NFS-share in XBMC.

So, I hope I was clear what I'm looking for and I hope for some good answers Big Grin

Cheers
it uses libnfs it does not mount them in the system
(2014-08-26, 07:53)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]it uses libnfs it does not mount them in the system

ok, thx for the hint....I tried to find now to find some debugging info regarding libnfs, but there are hardly no infos.

Can you maybe help a little? Is there a shell-based method to see on the client side what server / directory is accessed, what NFS version is used, etc.?
As it seems to me libnfs can't be directly accessed via term right?

cheers
"showmount" might help:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/prec...unt.8.html

usage could be

Code:
showmount -e 'ipadress'
should show the exports of the nfs server
(2014-08-26, 09:42)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]"showmount" might help:

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/prec...unt.8.html

usage could be

Code:
showmount -e 'ipadress'
should show the exports of the nfs server

thx for the advice. I talked to the developer of libnfs and there's no other debug option than wireshark...so, just to let you know

cheers
fyi, you can still use OS level mounts instead of the built-in libnfs
(2014-08-28, 08:52)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]fyi, you can still use OS level mounts instead of the built-in libnfs

would you enlighten me how to do that Big Grin
I reckon the most robust method is to use autofs to mount the nfs shares on local mountpoints. (Although you have to keep the mount points the same if you want a shared library scenario cause of kodi's archaic reliance on paths for the library...)
(2014-08-28, 09:01)LaUs3r Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-28, 08:52)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]fyi, you can still use OS level mounts instead of the built-in libnfs

mount your NFS shares in linux normally. then use the mountpoint as Media source in Xbmc, just like a local dir
(2014-08-28, 09:05)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-28, 09:01)LaUs3r Wrote: [ -> ]

mount your NFS shares in linux normally. then use the mountpoint as Media source in Xbmc, just like a local dir

mmmh, could have thought about that myself....thx for the advice