Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hdhomerun prime: overclock settings.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Using high settings as turbo causes the Pi to lock up.

arm_freq= 950
core_freq = 450
sdram_freq = 450
over_voltage = 6

Buying a case with a fan and heat sinks so I can go use turbo settings, but is there anything else I should adjust?
(2014-08-28, 00:04)kinison Wrote: [ -> ]Using high settings as turbo causes the Pi to lock up.

arm_freq= 950
core_freq = 450
sdram_freq = 450
over_voltage = 6

You are trying to overclock your RAM without increasing the RAM voltage, so probably no surprise it locks up. Try adding "over_voltage_sdram=2" or even "over_voltage_sdram=4".

over_voltage=6 for a sub-1GHz overclock seems a bit excessive, I doubt SoC voltage is your problem.
Video image is fine, very stable, but keep getting buffering problems and its mostly with 1080p channels. The only reason why I think pushing the overlock further will work, is because I have three Win7 machines (Quad Core AMD with 4-12 gigs of ram) and they're all wired to the same gigabit switch, using the same batch of CAT6 cables I originally bought years ago and those Win7 machines work flawlessly with XBMC 13.2. Hard to say this is a network related issue, but still, i'll test with a new cable soon as swaping them around didn't work.

Thanks for the overclock help. The overclock settings I used, were examples shown in the config.txt.
Just a thought, following on another post - have you checked which machines are using IPv4 and which IPv6?
I know I had a lot of trouble with networking my local network using Win7 until I disabled IPv6 (my router doesn't like it)
Nah, I disabled IPv6 on all machines (along with Large Send Offload) a few weeks back when I had to re-install Win7 on one and experienced massively slow network file transfers.

Theres a good chance this might be a cable related issue. I have two Raspberry Pi's running Open Elec and the one in the bedroom worked fine. Swapped it in the living room and nope, buffering. I just dont have a cable long enough, bought new cables from newegg, just need to wait.
Nevermind, it was the CAT5 cable. Replaced with a new one, appears to work flawless.
Well after a few days, while my buffering problems have gone away. Things appear to be working fine using the following overclocking settings.

force_turbo=1
arm_freq=1000
gpu_freq=333
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=600
current_limit_override=0x5A000020
over_voltage=6
over_voltage_sdram=4

Granted, this only works because I bought a special case with a fan and heatsinks. The Pi in the bedroom (which has no fan or heatsink) gets hot fast and crashes. So buying one for the bedroom should fix problems as it appears to have fixed them for the living room (3 hours, not a single stutter or hic-up).

Also, it appears connecting the hdhomerun directly to the router was a bad idea, even the Win7 machines were having, not buffering problems, but image break up issues. Connecting things back to the 8 port switch fixed it.