Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: everything incompatible now I'm running OSX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

Ive been running XBMC for a good few years and have decided to upgrade all the PCs in the house to being Mac's, installed XBMC on the media centre Mac Mini, and connected it to the MySql Database with out a problem, but when I go to install a new skin, every single one of them says that they are Incompatible .... is this something that I've missed in the install, maybe something that is (included) in M$ win blows by default ....

Any help would be great ...

Rich

Update it's not just skins ... a little more digging shows that many of the "usual suspects" add ons are now incompatible - i think that i must be missing something, but not sure what :o
I don't think this is a Mac issue. Probably xbmc. Maybe you could post a little more info about which version of xbmc you have installed and exactly what the error message says? Also, how you are trying to install the skins/addons.
wgstarks : XBMC 13.2 on AddOn Installer everything is just listed as Incompatible, as per screenshot here:

(2014-08-28, 23:13)RichS-5277 Wrote: [ -> ]i think that i must be missing something, but not sure what :o
You are missing Windows !
Try the "force refresh" mentioned on Add-on manager (wiki).

EDIT: This guy: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...itory_list

Even though it's not "empty", it might just be using old data.
(2014-08-29, 00:16)osirisjem Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-28, 23:13)RichS-5277 Wrote: [ -> ]i think that i must be missing something, but not sure what :o
You are missing Windows !

Not missing windows .... Just escaped M$ clutches

(2014-08-29, 00:21)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Try the "force refresh" mentioned on Add-on manager (wiki).

EDIT: This guy: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...itory_list

Even though it's not "empty", it might just be using old data.

Thanks Ned! That's solved the Skins, so i guess it will have sorted the rest too ..... i'll check and if problems still exist i'll report back