Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: avi without audio ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I would like to thanks all the people who developped this WONDERFUL program, the best of what I tried !
I only have a little problem when reading avi videos only (coming from my old Canon Ixus 40 camera), I don't have audio... I have audio with all the other formats (mov, mts, mkv...) but not with this kind of avi...here is the codec : PCM U8 (araw) mono, fréquency: 1124hz, bits 8
Can anyone help me to solve it ?
Thanks by advance.
Might want to try re-encode another type of container, might be something non-standard or proprietary with the cameras encode. Possible fix might be to update to one of the new nighties, I understand the video player has been re-worked with the latest code.
As already suggested above, have you tested with a Helix v14 nightly development build? the source of our codec decoders is ffmpeg and the version has been bumped significantly since Gotham v13 was released so may include a fix for your problem.
Hi,

I just tried now and...it crashed ! I hope a report is automatically sent to the developers to debug that ... ?
I do not want to reencode that clips (yes it worked reencoded in mp4, I prefer to wait Xbmc to solve that).

Thanks anyway