Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Stream doesn't start with VNSI - no error msg shown
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I'm installing a new system for a friend. Hardware is Zotac ZBOX AQ01. Installed the software according to the AMD VDPAU tutorial and XBMC (Gotham 13.2 Final) is running fine. Installed VDR 2.1.6, xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi addon and compiled the server plugin from source. The addon is activated and XBMC is showing the channels. When trying to start a channel nothing happens and there's no error message shown.

Here are some logs that might help:

sudo cat /var/log/syslog
sudo dmesg

Maybe somebody can help me fix it. If you need any further logs or other information I'll provide it instantly.

Thanks Folks!
I would correct this error first:
ERROR: no DiSEqC parameters found for channel 1

Then increase loglevel for vdr to 3 and post a new log if this does not help.
Made some changes in diseqc.conf and now the error is gone, but it's still not working. When starting a channel it starts buffering and then shows an error message about "No data". Here is the syslog. How can I check which loglevel is used and how can I change it?
No need for further vdr logging, it does not get any data from the tuner:
Aug 31 19:14:21 xbmc vdr: [2304] frontend 0/0 timed out while tuning to channel 1, tp 211347

Are you sure that your chanels.conf is correct? Where did you get it from?
I took the channels.conf from the yaVDR channelpedia. Did this for my other VDRs too.
OK, so you have other VDRs working? Also no issue with the dish? I would expect the problem in be the tuner or driver. Do yo have any tools to test it independently from vdr?
There's no issue with the dish, all other receivers and VDR are working. The tuner is a PCTV 460e. I've used it on a windows machine before and it was working there, so the hardware should be ok. According to the linux tv wiki it's supported in linux, so the software shouldn't be a problem, too. Maybe I'll give tvheadend or another backend a try to see if it's a problem of VDR.

[EDIT]
Took another tuner to test with and voila, it's working. I don't know what the problem is with the PCTV 460e, but with a Terratec Cinergy S2 USB HD, it's working.