Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: tp-link tl-wdn4800
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I purchased the subject internal wifi modem. The network manager doesn't show connections, it's not working out of the box for me.

I have the xbmcbunu install with the Frodo package.

lspci -nn:
Code:
5:00.0 Network Controller [0280]: Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300 Wireless LAN adaptor [168c:0030] (rev 01)

uname -r:
Code:
3.5.0-44-generic

I read online where someone suggested running this code:
Code:
sudo apt-get install firmware-atheros

but it says package not found. Any thoughts on getting this recognized without the internet? If not, is there something I can download and transfer to the computer to execute? Thanks,
Youre using xbmcbuntu 12, right? Ubuntu 12.10 is not supported by canonical anymore, so its probably easiest to download and install xbmcbuntu 13, plus you have a better chance of it working with its newer kernel.
Thanks, the obvious downside to that is then having to re-install everything.
Or is there a way to upgrade without the xbmcbunto-13 iso?
You can change the apt sources lists to point to trusty, but its unsupported and I wouldnt be surprised if you spend more time fixing stuff than reinstalling everything. Backing up your /etc and /home directories should contain the majority of your config files.
Ok, thanks teeedubb. I'll give this a shot over the weekend.
Starting from scratch worked. I have some work to do to re-install everything, but likely time saved in the end. Thanks again