Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Media Center Client - wingl windx x86 Edition: LiveTV error, exited early
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know what this error means?

Krusty has released a new version of the Server, and I haven't had a chance to install it yet.

Lately, every time I try to play some Live TV, I see this error.

Media Center Client - wingl windx x86 Edition
LiveTV error, exited early

I rebooted, but it still happens.

Post a ServerWMC log showing the problem please
I wished when moderators just threw out some willy-nilly "post the logs" that they'd take the time to say where those logs were found. Moderators are probably a little more familiar with where this stuff is located.
Came here with the same issue, I posted a log with few attempts to access channels.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=283162

thanks!
(2014-08-31, 23:16)jp2code Wrote: [ -> ]I wished when moderators just threw out some willy-nilly "post the logs" that they'd take the time to say where those logs were found. Moderators are probably a little more familiar with where this stuff is located.

Repeating ourselves gets old. That's why we have this sticky (toward the top of this sub-forum):
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179426

The log you posted doesn't seem to contain an attempt at starting a live stream. Please restart swmc then xbmc. Then start a live stream, after it displays the problem post the current server log.

jinxter2014,

I looks like wmc's recording service doesn't have permission to write to your rec tv folder ('D:\Recorded TV'). Have you verified that wmc can use this folder for recordings? To make sure, run wmc and make sure it can store a recording to this folder.
You called it. I must have fat fingered it when I set the share for the server side. Problem solved. Thanks!
(2014-08-31, 23:16)jp2code Wrote: [ -> ]I wished when moderators just threw out some willy-nilly "post the logs" that they'd take the time to say where those logs were found. Moderators are probably a little more familiar with where this stuff is located.
It's not willy nilly - without a log and information on what versions you are running, there is little we can do to help. Im sorry if you think I was abrupt but I even said "Please" so I feel I was being polite and really there is not much more to say. Information on where the log is etc can't be repeated in every thread, that's why we have sticky threads and a whole Wiki section devoted to ServerWMC backend and pvr.wmc addon.

To troubleshoot any problem we need to know the server/client versions you are running and we ALWAYS need a ServerWMC (backend) log and possibly additionally an XBMC debug log, if the problem is on the client side. In order to help efficiently, if you include all the required information in your first post, my first post will be able to give you some help or direction. Otherwise my first post is simply asking for information, then waiting for you to reply again, then finally I can offer some assistance. When we are all coming from different time zones etc, it isn't going to lead to resolving your problem quickly which is presumably what you would prefer, so help us help you Smile
(2014-09-01, 01:18)krustyreturns Wrote: [ -> ]The log you posted doesn't seem to contain an attempt at starting a live stream. Please restart swmc then xbmc. Then start a live stream, after it displays the problem post the current server log.

It does this at random.

I try to catch it when it crashes, but this is the family media PC so I am not always able to get everyone to stop so I can debug the computer.
The ServerWMC backend keeps a log from every day for a week so as long as you know when the problem happened you should be able to upload that day's log and we can see if there is any evidence of backend problems. If it's only happening n the front side then we need an XBMC debg log from the client, but we can tell a lot from the backend too, so have a look and see if you've got one there. Also it is helpful for us to also see a log right after ServerWMC is restarted, as it logs a;pt of information about your setup/config on first start, but if that is many days ago it wont be in the log you upload from when the problem happened
It would be nice to get the log to know for sure, but I think this error (shown in your first post) can only get thrown if the situation is similar to what jinxter2014 had. Namely that the rec tv folder was not accessible or writeable when the live stream was started.
Server and Client are on the same PC. Just let me know what logs you want.

I don't think it has done it in the last 24 hours, so I might need to wait until it happens again.

The Rec TV folder is on a USB drive, because the internal HDD is only 32 GB.
I bet its that rec tv is on a USB drive that it is causing you random fails, it has to do with the OS (or possible the driver) sleeping it at strange times.
I saw this last Saturday after I was messing with swmc trying to get it to restrict my mediabrowser clients. Anyway, to fix the issue I rebooted the swmc server box as well as closing an relaunching xbmc. I think somehow the tuners were locked.
I had this same problem today after updating ServerWMC. I simply did a reset on my PVR database on XBMC and it fixed the issue.
Pages: 1 2