Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Search by Movie Title not Filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible (through an xml edit or something) to have subititles addon to search TV episode or movie title instead of filename ?
I am trying to watch a tv show that most of its filenames are random numbers instead of the Episode title...and 99% of the time subs cant find anything.
I have to manually search the title every time to get the proper ones.
The episode title in xbmc though is fine....
Is it possible to have subs addon to search the movie title instead of the filename ?
-Thanks
If the file you are watching is scanned into library its name will be used, if you are using it in file mode then xbmc doesn't have show name and it uses file name as fallback
(2014-08-31, 16:03)amet Wrote: [ -> ]If the file you are watching is scanned into library its name will be used, if you are using it in file mode then xbmc doesn't have show name and it uses file name as fallback

No, i am talking about online movies/tv shows....from addons. They use weird filenames (usually .flv) and the subtitles addons searches those filenames instead of the movie title....resulting in a failed search 99% of the time.
It's still not XBMC or subtitle search issue. Streaming addons should set the movie title correctly and all would be good.