Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Managing windows files on ios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, hoping someone can help.

I've got my xbmc on a laptop all nicely tucked out of the way.
I'm using utorrent remote for downloads and VMC on my iphone/ipad to place the downloaded files into the correct folder (movies, TV shows etc).

It works fine but by doing it this way I have to take control of the laptop which interrupts anyone's viewing.

I thought there must be a couple of file manage apps for my iphone or ipad I could connect to the network and then just move the files to the correct folder.
All the file managers I found such as 'file explorer' for ios require you to set up the laptop with a username.
If I do this when I reset the laptop for any reason I've then got to log in as opposed to it just booting straight into xbmc.

Can anyone suggest a solution? I either need file explorer for ios or equivalent to not require a username or something else which will let me move files on my PC using an ios device so I can then just update the video library on xbmc and the film/tvshow appear.

Thanks in advance
No-one? Help?
You can set a password and enable auto login in windows to make it boot straight into that account (and starting xbmc for exampel).
There must be a way of using a file explorer on iOS without having to have a user name and password?
out of scope of this forum really