Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it possble to skip the Video submenus when going back?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

just a simple question, sorry for the (mabye) confusing topic, as I don't know how to call it really:

I have set up XBMC in a way that every view that I want (Movies, TV Shows, Video Addons, Files view for Videos etc.) is available directly from the main Menu (Skin is Aeon MQ5, but this should be skin-agnostic).

Now, When I'm in a view, for example Video Addons, or TV shows, or whatever, and I use the "..." at the top or the back button on the remote, instead of being taken directly to the main menu again, I'm in a list view
of all the options for that category (So for Videos it would be Movies, TV Shows, Files, Recently added Movies, Recently Added TV Shows, Video Addons, ... etc.) Can I skip this page and go directly back to the main menu?

This would take some confusion out of the system for my GF who sees options there that I purposely hid from the other menus..
I have this exact same question. Would anyone happen to know if this possible?
What happens when you ht esc instead of the back button? Maybe map esc button
(2014-09-02, 03:30)k4sh1n Wrote: [ -> ]What happens when you ht esc instead of the back button? Maybe map esc button

When I hit the escape button, it unfortunately backs into the submenus as well. Unfortunately mapping is not an option, as I'm actually navigating XBMC by remote (Yatse).
Its possible it could be a skin related setting, try a post in the skin specific thread such as Aeon MQ5 for the OP, Marcosqui the author or other skinners might have a solution
I usually map a key/remote button to:
"XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)"
Kuldan,

Not sure if this will work for you but I received a reply on a skin specific sub-forum, as follows, which worked perfectly for me:

Add ",return" to the ActivateWindow() command

Good luck!
Thank you, that sounds promising.. I'll have to edit the skin for it, but since it is not updated that often that should be no issue... I'll try it when I get home, thanks!
Hmm, didn't work for Aeon MQ5 in a quick test... posted this as well in the Skin section, let's see what comes out of it...
In yatse just hit the home button.

EDIT:

this one