Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV - EPG Freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any suggestion why the EPG would freeze my Amazon Fire TV while in XBMC running WMC PVR? All other functions work fine.
How many channels do you have? And when you say Freeze do you mean it locks up and has to be rebooted etc, or it just lags/takes a while?
Disable hardware acceleration in the XBMC settings and see if that fixes it.
New info to add. The EPG for 5 days, takes for ever to load. But it finally loaded. I don't have this problem with my smart phone and that is done via wireless nor do I have this problem with my PC and that is pretty quick compared to the Fire TV, but I do have about 250 channels to deal with.

Disabling hardware acceleration has no effect on getting the EPG to show up any faster.

I also notice some really bad interlacing with my HD HomeRun when watching OTA channels.
Hardware acceleration doesn't have anything to do with epg. Only playback. I have my epg set to 1 day. It load within a reasonable time. I just timed it. It came up in 4 seconds. If I can reduce to ms that would be golden but we all know that isn't going to happen Smile
(2014-09-03, 00:28)Pluto30306 Wrote: [ -> ]I also notice some really bad interlacing with my HD HomeRun when watching OTA channels.

Do you have deinterlacing turned on in the xbmc settings?