Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "XBMC Quits unexpectedly." Mac mini, Gotham 13.2, 32-bit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I'm trying to run the newest version of Gotham on my mac mini but every time I try to launch the application a pop-up in a split-second saying "XBMC quit unexpectedly." I tried using XBMC frodo and it works perfectly but when I tried Gotham again today it won't work. I tried to remove the Apllication support/XBMC folder to my home screen to see if it would create a new one but that didn't work.

I have the crash log right here: http://pastebin.com/sKD6uFEX

But I couldn't get a debug log. I tried adding:
<advancedsettings><loglevel>1</loglevel></advancedsettings>
to the advancedsettings.xml but it didn't create a new xbmc.log and the old one from Frodo was still there.

Thank you in advance if you can please try and help me and if you can better explain how to create the debug log.
ops

Code:
Library not loaded: /System/Library/Frameworks/VideoDecodeAcceleration.framework/Versions/A/VideoDecodeAcceleration

wow - thats serious problem. Which osx version do you use exactly?
Solved the problem with updating the to the latest version of 10.6. Thanks for the help.
Ahhh VideoDecodeAcceleration was added in 10.6.3 - i guess you had an older osx version ...
Hi
I have the same problem I think but I am running 10.6.8 I have tried to copy the report but I cannot do it .
IMy problem started when I tried to update the xbmc vesion 12 ? I think 2
and the computer froze and I needed to unplug ,two or three times .So I deleted and uninstalled all files etc.
I then downloaded Gotham which seemed to go fine until I opened the app it showed the confluence skin for about 10/15 secs and the a crash report went to apple
I tried many times and then came on here to this post ,went back to the other computer and checked which version of OSX and here I am now
Can you tell me how to send the report as there is no chance of a debugging report in 10 secs
Well sending the crashreport to apple won't do anything good for us Big Grin. You just need to unfold the crash report - mark all the text - copy it into the clipboard (cmd + c) go to pastebin.com and paste it there (cmd + v) and send it ... after that copy the address of that pastebin entry and put the link in here. I doubt its the same issue - what makes you think it is the same?
Hi
I upgraded to Yosemite but it still happened .So I went to library /logs and found that todays crash isn't there but this is one of yesterdays

http://pastebin.com/1hRMVbE3

Today it stayed on the opening skin for about 20 seconds before crashing
It is a fresh install of Gotham that I downloaded again this morning

Thanks for the help
Hi Again here is the report from this morning it was gotham 13.2

http://pastebin.com/KqutQzXj

Thanks again
Hi Again
After yet more attempts to sort it out I realised that the "xbmc mediacentre "download is actually sending me to download "TV addons" Why is that ? and is that the problem?
1. What exactly sends you to TV addons? Nothing on our offical home page will do this (http://kodi.tv is official!)
2. You have the dvbviewer addon enabled without a proper pvr backend. I think you didn't know what you did when you enabled it right?

For solving this crash open the terminal and enter:

cd $HOME && rm "Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml"

This will reset your configuration of XBMC - you will need to redo your configuration afterwards and this time leave all the PVR stuff disabled.
I thought I replied to you but it doesn't seem to be here
I have two macs both intel core duo the one I have the problem with -I have re installed from the link you sent me ( kodi TV ) and it is starting with a "tvadd ons " skin and it crashes after about 10/15 secs when I get a prompt in the bottom left hand corner saying that a pvr add failed to install
My second mac (this one ) I used the same link and re-installed and it is running fine
Both from your link !
The same link and two different start up skins ?
thanks
It looks like you still have all the settings from your former installation (which obviously was from tvaddons). Thats why you see something different then expected.

on the crashing one goto terminal and enter:

cd $HOME && rm -rf "Library/Application Support/XBMC/

This should reset all the settings and remove the offending skin/splash/tvaddons shit...
Hi Again
I tried to do your suggestion but it came up the same
As this is all new to me can I ask some simple questions
The line to type in
1/ should I leave the spaces as in your link (because I did ) ?
2/There is only one " is that correct ?
3/ when I type it in what should I do then ?press enter ?
Of course I did but as I say it is still coming up with TV addons
One more time because of a typo

cd $HOME && rm -rf "Library/Application Support/XBMC/"

So you need 2 " and you have to keep all the spaces. Afterwards you need to press Enter. It should not print any text after this but after a while just go back to the prompt again. If you see any print out then something is wrong (something like "file not found" or "permission error").

After that you could ensure that the folder was really removed by entering

ls -al "$HOME/Library/Application Support/XBMC/"

It should return "file or directory not found" or something like that.