Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: QuickWMC minimize WMC rather than close
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have Time Warner Cable so while the pvr solution here looks great, it is not very effective for me since most content is marked as copy-once. Instead I use QuickWMC. It is fine except that it isn't very quick. It takes a bit of time to start Windows Media Center each time it is started with Advanced Launcher, then AutoIt, then QuickWMC, and then WMC. This takes longer that I would prefer and a lot longer than the time it takes with Alt-Tab to switch between XBMC and WMC.

So, I was wondering why QuickWMC closes WMC each time. It is nice that QuickWMC intercepts the back button. Can "back" be switched to minimize WMC instead. I think minimization of WMC could then act as a trigger to maximize XBMC.

Was there a reason for closing WMC that I don't understand? Is the source of QuickWMC's WMC plug-in available somewhere?
It has been a long time since I looked at that code, but so far as I can remember I don't see any reason why it couldn't minimize instead of quit. I can make it available if you want to take a look at it, right now it is just sitting on my development machine (somewhere). Also I don't know if the guy who wrote the installer for it is around anymore, so it if gets rev'd it would need an installer too. Let me know.
I haven't done any WMC development previously, so this will be new territory for me, but I'm willing to try if you can drop the code somewhere.

As for an installer, well, I'll worry about that if I can get things working. At first I was thinking about installing this as an XMBC addon and some scripting on first run, but that I don't see a way for uninstallation to work in that manner since it doesn't look like the addon gets called when uninstalled.

Thanks
I actually don't think you will need to learn any wmc specific stuff. But I can help if you do. I will look for the code tomorrow. Do you want me to just send it to you or put the source on a repo?
I can make either way work, but I was thinking that you could just put a zip file on some file hosting site and I could grab it.
Sorry I forgot about this. I just sent you a PM of where to download the zip.
@bbqbob - did you have any luck with updating the code to perform a minimize instead of a close? I too think that would be more elegant behaviour and would welcome the update.
Krustyreturns...is it possible for me to get a copy of the code as well? I have been in contact with someone who has created a Amazon video plugin, in the hopes that he could make it so it could launch straight into the plugin (IE: exactly like QuickWMC and netflix)...he was open to the idea, but was hoping he could look at the code to see how it was done.
@muzicman0

I PM'd you the code.
thanks!
Hello. May you please pm me the code as well? I have some ideas I would like to try out.
done.
Wmc have problems if it tries to play a live stream with kodi still open.
Is this a question or a statement?
Statement. If you minimize kodi videos wouldn't play in wmc. You get a an error about files needed to play video are not installed properly.
Pages: 1 2