Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Font Size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems addons are limited to the fonts that are available per skin, but what about the size of the text in a label?
If I make an addon that uses it's own xml file, it seems from my understanding of the wiki that i'm limited to font13 only if I want it to work for all skins

How does one design a gui layout for a script that can be used for all skins and have labels with different sized text in different labels?

It's not so bad having to use one style or font for all skins but I'm not grasping how you can then have different sized text in labels.

It sure would be nice not to have to rely on any certain skin fonts or a one size fits all font to develop an addon that will work for all skins. Am I just wrong on how I'm understanding the skin/addon font situation?
(2014-09-07, 13:21)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]It seems addons are limited to the fonts that are available per skin, but what about the size of the text in a label?
If I make an addon that uses it's own xml file, it seems from my understanding of the wiki that i'm limited to font13 only if I want it to work for all skins

How does one design a gui layout for a script that can be used for all skins and have labels with different sized text in different labels?

It's not so bad having to use one style or font for all skins but I'm not grasping how you can then have different sized text in labels.

It sure would be nice not to have to rely on any certain skin fonts or a one size fits all font to develop an addon that will work for all skins. Am I just wrong on how I'm understanding the skin/addon font situation?

Anyone?
Not sure if you still need a response to this, but it is basically as you described. This has been an issue for add-on developers for many years. Hopefully someone with the interest and skills will fix it. My solutions have been to either make skin specific versions of the xmls or dynamically generate the xml in the userdata folder from a template based on a per skin font table.
(2014-09-10, 00:49)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-07, 13:21)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]It seems addons are limited to the fonts that are available per skin, but what about the size of the text in a label?

Anyone?

Well, it's been up over 9 years since I posted this and I was just wondering if it's ever become possible yet for addons to use their own fonts? Surely it must be possible by now. No?