Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Title and Sort Title = Original
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Keep up the great work guys, especially loving the new sets functionality.

Any way to force the title and sort title to be the same as the original title? Every time I re-scrape one of my non-English films it is changing these fields to the English title and sort title using 1.4.0.0x86. Also I don't want sort title to start putting articles at the end of movies (e.g. The Spy Who Loved Me should not be sorted as or have in the sort title field Spy Who Loved Me, The, no no no Smile )
I think if you don't set Force Title language every title will be scraped as orginalitle - at least for IMDB Data Scraper. TMDB Scraper will use the title in your preferred language I think. So maybe set in TMBD Scraper settings to not scrape Title. I think there might be an option in Ember to avoid setting Sorttitle at all - will take a look.
nope no way to avoid filling up the sortitle tag by Ember right now. The title field will be used as source for sortitle - and if you have any Sort tokens defined in Ember your movie title will be sorted and so will be your sortitle. If you don't want any articles removed than remove all sort tokens in the list Smile
There is strange things going on in sorttiltle handling

All movies in DB has sorttitles saved for them, but only about 25% of them are written in nfo
Most of the sorttitles are the same as title, the only deference is that they have every word starting with a capital letter, but not all

So why is sorttitle always created and saved in DB? Can't see any benefits
Should we populate sortitle tag at all in Ember (automatically)? I begin to think that this field should only be edited by user in Edit Movie window. The question is: Is the sorttitle tag in NFO really needed to get the movies sorted in XBMC? I guess XBMC can handle sorting alone using the information from the title-tag by default?! Will try to gather more information

EDIT:
Form XBMC wiki:

Quote:<sorttitle>: This tag is used to give a secondary ’sort title’ that will be used to order the movies when sorting the movies by name. The easiest way to handle this is to just use “Die Hard 1″, "Die Hard 2″, etc.
Since XBMC also remembers views for different folders, you could also just sort this folder by movie year, rather than name, and achieve the same result.
This means it doesn't make any sense to automatically fill this field based on title. It's made for special cases when user wants to achieve a different sorting in XBMC than the default one. Any opinions on this?
(2014-09-10, 18:10)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:<sorttitle>: This tag is used to give a secondary ’sort title’ that will be used to order the movies when sorting the movies by name. The easiest way to handle this is to just use “Die Hard 1″, "Die Hard 2″, etc.
Since XBMC also remembers views for different folders, you could also just sort this folder by movie year, rather than name, and achieve the same result.
This means it doesn't make any sense to automatically fill this field based on title. It's made for special cases when user wants to achieve a different sorting in XBMC than the default one. Any opinions on this?

Agree fully to that, not needed
Thanks all for your replies and sorry for the slow reply

(2014-09-08, 22:37)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you don't set Force Title language every title will be scraped as orginalitle - at least for IMDB Data Scraper. TMDB Scraper will use the title in your preferred language I think. So maybe set in TMBD Scraper settings to not scrape Title. I think there might be an option in Ember to avoid setting Sorttitle at all - will take a look.

I don't have force title set. I have IMDB data scrapper as 1st scraper, TMDB 2nd. If I try to set force title, nothing in the drop down appears. However turning off the TMDB title scrap worked. One for the wiki.
(2014-09-09, 20:24)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]nope no way to avoid filling up the sortitle tag by Ember right now. The title field will be used as source for sortitle - and if you have any Sort tokens defined in Ember your movie title will be sorted and so will be your sortitle. If you don't want any articles removed than remove all sort tokens in the list Smile

Sorry not following this one I'm afraid. Where are the sort tokens? All my movies now starting with "The" are being sorted by the letter of the second word in the movie title. Even when I change them in edit to have "The" at the start.

Just me probably and this is one of those that bugs me and don't understand why people would want to sort this way. It's not as if one says "Have you seen that James Bond film, Spy Who Loves Me?" or even more bizarrely "Have you seen that James Bond film, Spy Who Loves Me, The?"

(2014-09-09, 23:28)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]All movies in DB has sorttitles saved for them, but only about 25% of them are written in nfo

I really do hope this isn't the case... As I assume that when XMBC does a rescan it will think I want me movies sorted this way. See above No
(2014-09-14, 02:59)Hairy Hippy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-09, 23:28)T-bird_se Wrote: [ -> ]All movies in DB has sorttitles saved for them, but only about 25% of them are written in nfo

I really do hope this isn't the case... As I assume that when XMBC does a rescan it will think I want me movies sorted this way. See above No

If you read my second answer you see that I don't want it, the above quote is just a description how it works just now and I don't understand why.
In my view sorttitle is a user tag and nothing that shall be saved in DB or nfo by default
(2014-09-14, 02:59)Hairy Hippy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-09, 20:24)Cocotus Wrote: [ -> ]nope no way to avoid filling up the sortitle tag by Ember right now. The title field will be used as source for sortitle - and if you have any Sort tokens defined in Ember your movie title will be sorted and so will be your sortitle. If you don't want any articles removed than remove all sort tokens in the list Smile

Sorry not following this one I'm afraid. Where are the sort tokens? All my movies now starting with "The" are being sorted by the letter of the second word in the movie title. Even when I change them in edit to have "The" at the start.

Just me probably and this is one of those that bugs me and don't understand why people would want to sort this way. It's not as if one says "Have you seen that James Bond film, Spy Who Loves Me?" or even more bizarrely "Have you seen that James Bond film, Spy Who Loves Me, The?"

Ah sorry, I mean the Sort Filter option in settings menu:
As you see there are articles defined which will be moved from beginning to end of the title if they are found in scraped title. If you remove all entries in that list, Ember will not "sort" anymore, I think thats what you want Smile
The whole sorting and removing articles is to make browsing through your XBMC library easier. If you don't do any title sorting, many movies (and trust me there are a lot) which start with "The...." will be found under "T" when browsing. For me it's easier to
look for "The Amazing Spiderman" under "A" than to go through "T" section. But its a matter of taste of course.

The whole sorttitle scraping should be looked at in Ember - lets discuss that with DanCooper once he's back. I think we should stop filling the sortitle-tag by scrapers like we duscussed earlier.
That's better. Thanks Cocotus with your help with this and also for how Ember should deal with the sorttitle scraping.
I'll add my name to the list of people that prefer the sort title field to remain blank after scraping. I modify the value in the title field for at least a third of the movies I scrape, adding AKAs for a lot of the stuff from the 60s through 80s that are known by many names. With the sort title auto-filling as it is in the current version, I have to remember to delete it every time. If I don't, XBMC gives priority to the sort title. It's much more useful to have a blank field that's there to used only when an alternate sort is needed. A checkbox to turn this on and off would be ideal. Hope this makes sense...

Edit: Also, this was my first post. Hi everybody!
I just submitted a commit to project and coming with next beta release sortitle-tag won't be filled automatically anymore Smile
Thanks!
Was this made an option or just removed? Also, will sort title be filled for collections?

Thsnks
Pages: 1 2