Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ProgDVB video stream to XBMC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello,
i like to stream tv from my pc to xbmc via unicast.

i use a programm called progdvb which generate a unicast stream (with a plugin module), but i don't know how to show it on xbmc. anyone an idea?

mytheatre is not supported by my tv-card (hauppauge nexus-s) and it doesn't support s2emu (used for the german paytv channel premiere).
I am using progdvb on my pc with DVB-S pci card and i want to stream with the free progdvb server ( by tcp ) TS file and play it on xbox over homeplug ( 14mbits lan ) , is it possible ? :confused2:

thank u for your time
I have managed to stream analogue TV with VLC to XBMC and it works well.

With ProgDVB, you have a server + client included ............. have you tried to see if this is possible using 2 pc's ??

If so, then you would simply need to create a ProgDVB.strm (or whatever you want to name it) and then just open this up in XBMC.

As I said Analogue TV worked for me, I would imagine DVB-S is possible too, as XBMC supports Linux Based STB's.

Good luck

chrome Smile
doesn't the myTV script do what you want?
i have read about a possibility to watch dvb-s via haupauge-dvb-s-cards.
Sorry should have said I can also STREAM DVB-S using Alt-DVB with my Technisat Skystar2 PCI card on my home network as server and client - Windows Applications.

@ donabi ........... do you have any more info regarding this script Huh

thanks
well, i didn't test it, but you can download it at xbmcscripts.com
myTV_v1p16.zip

in the readme, you will find all the info you need.
Hello, can somenone tel me what the simplest way is to stream progdvb to xbmc, and explain me this, i am a beginner with streaming video over lan.
I have the latest progdvb free version..
and is this possible with prog media server build in progdvb?
Any news in the last 3 years about this subject?