Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Built-in function to switch on-off use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as object i need the ability to switch that function. i should map a button of my remote using eventghost.
i need to activate before use advanced launcher and deactivate before launch a movie.
thanks for help.
i read an old topic (of 2010) where someone asked for short key combination that doesn't exist....but maybe a built-in function is hidden somewhere!
Peppe
I assume is not possible!
Peppe
You want to map the action 'toggleFullScreen' to one of the buttons on your remote control. On a keyboard the '\' character does this function.

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...te_Buttons
not what i need. i need a command that turn on-off the setting under system-->video. whith '\' i go from full screen to windowed mode.
Peppe
You'll have to put a little more flesh on your question: I would have thought @elusien answer would have been sufficient. In advancedsettings.xml there is <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> option in video and if your fullscreen window is set to max this state should be remembered, and the above toggle should work if mapped. The keyboard 'alt+enter' should also toggle the Full/windowed modes.
Thanks guys for the hints.
added voice to advancedsettings.xml when xbmc starts it is windowed but on full screen. thisdoesn't work like "use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen" so when launch something, a mame rom for example, xbmc goes down and when i close the rom xbmc is still down. atm only working solution is turn on, when needed "use fullscreen window rather than fullscreen from settings".
Thanks again.
Peppe