Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC randomly buffers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched through quite a few different buffer threads and nothing seemed to help me. I am streaming M2TS files over a wireless network. I have tested the media playing stations network speeds and it clocked in at 74 megabits\sec. I have used MPC HC to play movies on this system previously and I ran through 5 movies with no problems. My next step was to progress to XBMC. The first movie I played, Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit randomly stops to buffer. It doesn't happen in the same place. In fact once I enabled debug I thought the problem had gone away as it didn't buffer until almost 15 minutes into the movie when previously it had barely made it a couple of minutes in. I proceeded to watch the same file in MPC HC and it played through with no problems as usual. I created an advanced settings xml in hopes that something in there could help me. As far as I can tell i did that correctly. I upped the network bandwidth to a value of 3. RAM was upped to 2 GB (meaning 6 would be needed). I have no way of telling if the RAM is actually being used. When I push "O" during playback one of the lower lines has something about cache and says 0 B. I have a debug log file available if needed.

The system playing the file is running on a Intel 4770K. I have 16GB of RAM, usually the system has about 13GB free. This is on Windows 7 Home Premium with Gotham 13.2 installed. If there is anything you guys need to know from me please ask and I will do my best to get it. Thanks in advance and I apologize if I've made any noob mistakes.
thread Bump. The problem had gone quiet for a while but came back today. When I hit "control O" a bunch of info comes up. The fifth line is what I'm interested in. C( ad:0.000, a/v: 0.030, edl:- dcpu: 6% acpu: 1% vcpu: 0% Cache 0 B 75%

Is that showing I have 0 bytes in my buffer? It seems like when that 75% drops too low is when the buffering happens. Normally it hovers around 88%, but it always says cache 0 B. If that is my buffer and it is 0 bytes, why isn't it buffering the amount allocated in my advanced settings xml file?

EDIT: Finally figured it out. I had one extra space where it wasn't needed. MY 1 GB buffer now works and video playback seems to be smooth Smile
apologies for nobody has replied to your thread. and big thanks for having provided a solution!