Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Deleting Videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can delete my videos as i am playing them in a playlist by jumping out to the file display and pulling up the context menu. But this is cumbersome. Is there an easier way? Like a macro or something that plays the next video and deletes the last on played?
Check out the File Cleaner add-on. It can be set to automatically delete videos after they are watched.
hold on pardner....i only want to selectively delete videos.
You can use keymaps (wiki) to map a button to "delete".
(2014-09-12, 20:28)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]You can use keymaps (wiki) to map a button to "delete".

now we're talking...does anyone have one already made for windows? Even one I can use as a template would be great.

I have a logitec KB if that matters.
MCE remotes in XBMC/kodi already have in some paths mapped the clear button to delete (by default), but to delete files via any keyboard/remote even if you map it, you still need to enable File renaming and deletion inSettings/Appearance#File_lists (wiki) otherwise pressing buttons does nothing
(2014-09-12, 21:05)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]MCE remotes in XBMC/kodi already have in some paths mapped the clear button to delete (by default), but to delete files via any keyboard/remote even if you map it, you still need to enable File renaming and deletion inSettings/Appearance#File_lists (wiki) otherwise pressing buttons does nothing

i've done that. I can delete files the manual way. But that's a lot of button pressin'. How would one handle in keymap, deleting a file currently playing?
You select the file, make sure file in not in use and press <clear> on remote and follow the prompts.
(2014-09-12, 20:45)music_lover Wrote: [ -> ]I have a logitec KB if that matters.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Key...on_keymaps
so, isn't what i'm looking for just a version of the "delete after playing" option? What's the best way to map that option to a key action?
(2014-09-13, 00:58)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]You select the file, make sure file in not in use and press <clear> on remote and follow the prompts.

selecting the file is most of the work. i have 3300 videos and scrolling up and down takes time.

so i'm watching A, I forward to the next video B, and i want to hit a key that I can command "hey, that last video I was watching, delete it".
Doesnt work like that, when you move to next video you selected that file, if you press delete on any remap key or the currently mapped (clear) you will delete current selection, not previous. imo you cannot delete previous played item, unless you some addon which you dont want to use (addon clean library). Maybe you can script it and map that to a key and make a piecemeal out-of what already exists and works very well. Maybe there's some alternative solution but im not aware of it.
(2014-09-16, 09:56)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]Doesnt work like that, when you move to next video you selected that file, if you press delete on any remap key or the currently mapped (clear) you will delete current selection, not previous. imo you cannot delete previous played item, unless you some addon which you dont want to use (addon clean library). Maybe you can script it and map that to a key and make a piecemeal out-of what already exists and works very well. Maybe there's some alternative solution but im not aware of it.

well, with KB, you can't delete the current item either if its being played. can you clear/delete the currently playing file with an MCE remote? If so, any suggestions?
If the file is in use, nothing can delete it anywhere, via no method, in no OS or via any application, I know of or ever heard of. The emphasis is on that last part. If there wre ways far too much hassle.

In under what circumstance are you watching something actively and at same time delete it before locks to file are released?

Clearly my mind hasn't the answer. Good luck with that though Wink
(2014-09-16, 22:50)uNiversal Wrote: [ -> ]If the file is in use, nothing can delete it anywhere, via no method, in no OS or via any application, I know of or ever heard of.

agreed,

the next best option would be to remove the unwanted video from the current playlist as its being played. ( i can try to figure out later which files are NOT in the playlist and delete them manually periodically.)
Pages: 1 2