Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ancient ATV1 Install Help Please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I upgraded my ATV1 to 3.0.2 firmware and it was a clean install and I followed xbmc guide, Launcher updated to 3.2.5, but xbmc won't install I get the error "error: cannot launch xbmc/boxee from path:/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/MacOS/XBMC". This why be breaking some rules posting here and I apologize in advance, but i really need some help.
See Apple TV 1 (wiki). If you want to run XBMC on there then you need to use Crystalbuntu (wiki) or OpenELEC (wiki), which replaces the ATV OS.
Ah ok. I know exactly what you are talking about. The problem I have with that is that when I do it Xbmc is only accessible if the USB stays in. How can I get it to stay on even if the USB is out?
Both of those OSes have the option of installing XBMC onto the internal HDD.
Will I still be able to access the original apple tv menu if I do a HDD install?
No. An internal install will completely replace the original ATV OS.
Is there any kind of way to get xbmc while retaining the original atv os?
With just the internal HDD and no USB drive? That would require a dual booting option, and I haven't seen anyone actually make such an option yet, though it should be possible. I have no idea how to go about doing that, though.