Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Set extra time for recordings?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have installed mythtv and cmyth in a xbmcbuntu OS (Gotham 13.2). As part of the mythtv backend setup I have set an extra 10 minutes to be added to recordings. On cmyth I have the mythtv recording template selected. However, on recording a scheduled show yesterday, the recording finished about a minute before the scheduled end of the show and didn't even start the extra 10 minutes.

I can't work out how to make sure that extra time is added to a recording, whether it is a one-off or a regular (weekly) recording. I never had this problem with a combined FE/BE with mythtv.
For recordings scheduled from XBMC pre/post timers are set via xbmc's livetv settings, at least it is that way with janbars new mythtv add-on.
The setting you are talking about in mythtv is trumped if you have another recording starting straight after and there is no other tuner available. Might this be the case?

Personally I set most of this shit via mythweb.
I tried mythweb but I couldn't work out how to schedule a program to record weekly. So I used the xbmc frontend epg to do that. However, on going back to mythweb, I see the program is in the upcoming recordings so I used mythweb to add recording time. Fingers x it works.

[Edit] It works! Nod