Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fullscreen or true fullscreen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi - I'm not sure if this is an issue on my mid 2011 mini but currently the use full screen instead of true fullscreen is selected. Whenever I turn is off I can a black screen and I am unable to get out of it without power cycling the mac, the only reason I'm looking at this setting is when I play fullscreen films it seems to be over scanning them regardless what setting I put the display settings too... Anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance
AFAIK this is an issue with all Macs. The fullscreen that is, not your overscan problems.
(2014-09-15, 22:45)wgstarks Wrote: [ -> ]AFAIK this is an issue with all Macs. The fullscreen that is, not your overscan problems.

Really? Only really noticed it since going to mavericks, my 27" iMac is fine.. Is it 1080p issue maybe?
I have never been able to use true fullscreen on my mini.
Do you get the overscan issue with fullscreen films? Do you use the calibration setting in xbmc to try and overcome this? Thanks for your help by the way
True fullscreen only works on 10.6. In helix nightlies/alphas is also hidden for newer osx versions to prevent users from ticking it (not possible on gotham iirc as the settings system didn't allow for such an fine grained control).
(2014-09-15, 21:48)Jokerjack Wrote: [ -> ]Hi - I'm not sure if this is an issue on my mid 2011 mini but currently the use full screen instead of true fullscreen is selected. Whenever I turn is off I can a black screen and I am unable to get out of it without power cycling the mac, the only reason I'm looking at this setting is when I play fullscreen films it seems to be over scanning them regardless what setting I put the display settings too... Anyone else seen this?

Thanks in advance

Full screen and true full screen is not related to overscan and your issue (and is an old setting)

First make sure the display settings are correct without xbmc. If you want to be sure find a test image (google -there are many) at the native resolution of your display device. Check your mac monitor prefs are set to this native res. If not flawless edge to egde etc try to Turn off overscan on your tv/monitor first if applicable and google panel and mac

When this is working then add xbmc into the mix - under setting confirm the resolution selected is default or the native resolution of your panel