Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon FireTV Kodi reading File Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone else had issues with what Kodi uses to display the name of the file? Since Kodi came out, it uses the Title of the file instead of the name. Is there a way to have Kodi display the name of the file instead of the Title?

Hope that's descriptive enough.

David
Maybe this will help to clarify......

As shows are recorded the names are in this format -- Show Name-Season-EpisodeNumber Example: MasterChef-S04-E05

The problem is Kodi isn't reading the name. Kodi is reading the Title, and the Title is just MasterChef. So in my listing, if I have 5 MasterChefs recorded, they all say the same thing "MasterChef".

Before Kodi, XBMC read the file name, and it worked great. At some point a change was made for Kodi to read the title which isn't helpful.
Are you talking about the normal video library (wiki) or are you talking about PVR/ Live TV?

For the video library Kodi uses the folder/directory for the show name. The only information Kodi uses from the files are the season number and the episode number. For example

Videos/Master Chef/MasterChef-S04E05.mkv

Is Master Chef episode 5 of the 4th season. But

Videos/BoJack Horseman/MasterChef-S04E05.mkv

will be an episode of BoJack Horseman.
Actually we are talking about something different.

1. The name of the file is the name you would see on a Desktop. Anyone can right click and rename a file.

2. The Title of a file is found by right clicking a file and clicking Properties, and then click on the Details Tab. From there, in the description, is the Title of the file. Kodi is now using the Title to display names of files.

So, when I connect to MyMedia on my PC, using PlayOn, Kodi just displays Titles which is not helpful.

David