Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Intel NUC DC3217BY Wake on Lan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I have recently bought an Intel NUC DC3217BY the thunderbolt edition which I am using as an HTPC. I have installed Windows 7 and It works perfectly with XBMC. Since the board does not have LAN I have also purchased an Apple thunderbolt to ethernet gigabit adapter. While internet works fine with the adapter I cannot make wake on LAN to work. It seems that the power is cut off when the NUC is asleep! As you can understand, the wake on lan feature is very important to me as it will prolong the life of the board it self and the drives connected to it.

I am using the adapter with the Broadcom netxtream drivers and although the settings are correct in windows and BIOS I cannot influence the power.

Then I started to look at USB to Ethernet adapters but I found out that they reduce the network speed. I have also been looking at the WoWLAN solution with the wifi card modules but the information is unclear to me. Although they do support WoWLAN it seems that the newest drivers do not include such feature.

Can anyone confirm that they have set up wake on LAN for this NUC Kit and if yes, what HW are you using? As you understand, I don't want to spend money buying adapters that maybe they don't support the wake feature.

Thank you very much!
Hello there... Any suggestion on the above issue? If it cannot be solved with the thunderbolt to ethernet, can you recommend any USB to Ethernet that supports Wake On Lan? My USB ports remain with power when the NUC is asleep...

Thank you very much